Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jerald and me were coming back from Catfishing up on the river, took a different way home.
Seen the dirt in the road, WHAT?, got closer, damn, the looks like a badger's been digging, damn, it is a badger den.
We got lucky, ACTUALLY got pictures of the badger sticking it's head out and looking at us. We just couldn't belive it, first, that it would dig a den though a well maintained and graveled road, then actually come out and look at us:Nop::laugh:. This was really an exceptional treat, just Jerald decided to go home a different way than we usually do.

Attachments

· Registered
James N ... Central California.
10,295 Posts
LOL Jim you should of asked if he was tired from all the digging and wanted to see your beer collection .Nutting like a drunk anger animal get the ol heart pumping.

· Registered
1,545 Posts
That is some odditie right there. It may be a prelude to an invasion , LOL , like the movie 'Day Of The Animals'. It wouldn't surprise me in the least , humans have always believed we are owners of this planet , but the badgers and other animals were here long before us.

· Registered
3,732 Posts
cool pic's,. I always heard they were pretty tuff. I think it might be more like a land war. clearly the Badgers family claimed the property first, heck I bet it goes back for generations! lol :soldier::rotfl:

· Registered
9,565 Posts
This could get ugly if animal rights idiots get wind of it. I see it as being just like that game bop-em but instead of a big rubber hammer it's with a car tire ...LOL He'll get the picture sooner or later to move.

It was rather cool tho.
Thanks for sharing.

· Registered
763 Posts
First thing I thought when I saw the first pic was that it looks like a fresh IED emplacement.

Too much time in Iraq I guess.:doh:

That's pretty cool though

· Registered
4,103 Posts
pretty sweet catching him in the act, they dig the heck out of our gravel roads around here, they'll find a fresh thirteen striped ground squirrel hole and just dig out their dinner. both those critters are some digging fools. When I used to trap all the time I always knew from afar if I had a badger cause of all the dirt piled around the length of the trap restraint and those old big silverback boars would just look at you like you were just something new to take their anger out on when you walked up, hissing and letting you know that if you stepped into range you were gonna lose something, them things have some thick thick hide too.

· Registered
1,262 Posts
If many folks travel down that road, Mr. Badger will leave in a huff because the neighbors
are too noisy. The loose gravel probably made for easy digging. If he is stubborn, when
the county grader comes by his den is history. He'll come home some evening and not be
able to find where it is. This will make him formulate Plan B, doubtless.

· Registered
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Michael, actually, it isn't a loose gravel road, it is well packed, maintained and traveled. Jerald sent me some pics of the badger that he took, lot clearer than mine, I'll post them later today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.