Uno preguntas! [one question]

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ReelErInn, Sep 15, 2006.

1. ReelErInn

ReelErInn New Member

State:
    Arizona baby
    what kinda bates do you use for salmon??

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    What kind of salmon?

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    how about...one question![Uno preguntas]

never liked the idea of press one for spanish:sad2:

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Me either Phill...me either

5. nitro

nitro New Member

State:
    Dover, TN
    Didn't know there were salmon in AZ. Here I have been going all the way to Alaska to fish for them.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I think she means trout. She mentioned salmon eggs in another post for bait to catch salmon

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    she really does need that fishing tutor lol wish i could help but the wife is jealous enough lol

8. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    guys give this girl a hand for trying though

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Home >> Freshwater Species >> Salmon Fishing
    Salmon Fishing

[​IMG] Individual Salmon Species Pages:

General Salmon Fishing Information:

[​IMG] Introduction to Salmon Fishing

Largely as a result of successful efforts to stock waters with salmon, these incredible game fish can be caught in the Great Lakes a swell as inland on the maritime coasts. Of course, salmon are one of the most popular gamefish in North America and can be broken down into two major categories: the Pacific salmon (chinook, coho, pink, sockeye and chum) and the Atlantic salmon. The Pacific salmon generally enter streams from northern California up to Alaska. The Atlantic salmon, on the other hand, enter streams from New York up to Labrador. Both are referred to as an anadromous fish, meaning they spend their adult life at sea and then return to freshwater streams to reproduce. Follow the links to each for detailed information on the species and the techniques to catch them.
    [​IMG] Individual Species Overview

Atlantic Salmon

[​IMG]Named by early Romans, the Atlantic salmon (salmo salar), or "leaper," is arguably the most sought-after game fish in North America. Offering excellent table fare, the Atlantic salmon's original range is from Greenland to Cape Cod in the Atlantic Ocean and from Russia to Portugal. In Canadian lakes, resident landlocked Atlantic salmon are called Ouananiche.

Pacific Salmon

[​IMG]There are six species of Pacific salmon: chum or dog salmon (oncorhynchus keta); sockeye or blueback salmon (oncorhynchus nerka); humpback or pink salmon (oncorhynchus gorbuscha); coho or silver salmon (oncorhynchus kisutch); chinook salmon (oncorhynchus tshawytscha); and kokanee (landlocked sockeye salmon lacking anadromous instincts).

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

11. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I'm with ya on that one Phil. :smile2:

12. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Steelhead fishing maybe? I use those egg-clusters or sometimes a good Clouser type crayfish or minnow replica in chartruse or flouro orange. Wooly buggers work good too. Depends which "run" your fishing (spring or fall/winter) and where..NY,Main..ect! I use at least a 9'6" - 12' Fly-rod for the ol' "steelhead" Up our way! Hope this helps some!

13. Amigo108

Amigo108 New Member

State:
    Columbia, Maryland
    I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!...and I'm fluent in Spanish! By the way, it's "una pregunta", not "uno preguntas"...but we get your drift.