Unlucky day

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by hillbilly25002000, Sep 7, 2009.

1. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    So the day started out good. 30k my parents a couple of the neighbors and i set off for a nice day on the river. it was a good ride to the sandbar and a nice day. once we got there our luck changed. we set out my pole and 2 of darrens. not long after some guy runs through and doesnt listen to our warning and takes out one of 30ks poles in the prop and had to cut the line. then a little later on another guy comes through and doesnt listen and gets my pole and darrens other pole wrapped in the prop. so in all a good day on the river but not for fishing:sad2::embarassed:

2. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    That sucks.Hope you have a better outing next time.

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That will make you wish Baaad things on people:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2: Stay safe and hope next time out is better for you!!!:wink:

4. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    That kind of stuff can really pi$$ a fella off. Better, not to mention get someone hurt. Better luck next time.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Sure hope you all have alot better luck next outing.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    No wonder some people go Postal.

7. MoDamselfly

MoDamselfly New Member

State:
    Mo
    Seems like there is no common curtsey on the river anymore. Who am I kidding anywhere anymore. People too wrapped up in themselves to be decent to other folks. At least it was a beautiful day! And its always nice being on the river. :wink: Better luck next time.

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Any of my fishing buddies try's to do a curtsey while out on the water with me, he gonna get wet an learn to swim real quick like.:wink:
    Thank goodness it isn't too common out there.:wink:

9. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    I have had similar problems but I am on the other end of the spectra. I have asked people fishing the boat ramp nicely to move there fishing line whenever I was going back to the ramp and most of the time they look at me like I am stupid. I couldn't tell you how many times I had to take my prop off and tare 100's of feet of fishing line off my shaft. If you fish in area's that has high boat traffic you are going to have boaters get in your way and vise verse.

10. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    That's one reason why I like taping the line when I spool it on the reel. You'd might as well feed their prop the whole thing and not lose your pole.

11. hillbilly25002000

State:
    missouri
    like yall said it was a good day on the river with the family ask 30k how the 82 searay beat his sea snail i mean seaark:smile2:

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Lmao the sea snail eh? Have Ol 30 gs give me a call if he gets five minutes. I have a gyro charter request for him. Lol

13. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Last week when Kutter and I were out he had a whole bevy of jugs floatin' down the river. about half mile down river there was a family anchored. They had at least 5 or 6 rods out. As the jugs got closer to there boat we motored down to pick them up. As I got just up river I slowed down and told them we would like to get the jugs out of their way. They said ok and all started to reel in the lines. I told them no, no you don't need to do that because this boat has no prop. So I danced all around their boat while Kutter collected up the jugs , we wished them luck and we were on our way. I can't help what other people do with their boats, but I can with mine.

14. hillbilly25002000

State:
    missouri
    ill let him know when i get of school and he gets home from work

15. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hmmmmm.............Might this mean there could be some Monster Cat action from a birds point of view? KOOOOOOOL!!!!!:big_smile:

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Gateways own helicopter pilot has been hired for a myriad of reasons. Lol

17. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thats a :0a24: Next time Willie or Poopdeck get in trouble they can call the Gateway rescue Coptor.:smile2: