Uniformly exhibited.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Jul 9, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    After my Mother died this spring, we found my father's WWII uniform, some love letters and other keepsakes in a suitcase packed in moth balls. My sisters gave me this. Strange, I always remembered my father as a big man. I put the uniform on and it fit me like a glove. My wife has a wild hair to get it out of the mothballs and displayed. I agree with her. We don't know how to display this. Under glass, hung behind glass, can I put his casket flag with it? Can't find much on the internet or very little as to etiquette. Anybody here done this for whatever reasons you might have had?

2. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    John:

Why don't you get in touch with a museum and ask THEM? They do this kind of stuff all the time so they'd be pretty clued up on it.

3. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

P.S. John:

If it works out for ya, then please post a picture of it.
    I wouldn't mind taking a look at it myself, ok?

Thanx.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    HMMMMM, A very intersesting question. I would have to agree with Mike. A museum could steer ya in the right direction. I would also consider a manaquin. This would allow for the uniform to really be appreciated in its fullest.

5. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
  6. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    have you ever seen a uniform displayed in a shadow box? my father-n-law retired from the usmc and his unti took his dress blues and had them displayed in a shadow box with all of his ribbons badges and awards. then they put his k-bar underneath the uniform. shadow box being like a picture frame but about 4" between the glass and the back of the frame.

just a thought,
    \j.d.