unfortunate day of fishing

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by riverhobo85, Jan 24, 2009.

1. riverhobo85

riverhobo85 New Member

State:
    VA
    unfortunately i had my worst day of fishing ever yesterday.to start the day off i fell in the wter launching the boat. after getting fresh clothes on off we went to fish. it was very windy and there was a decent amount of spray coming in the jon boat. we got to the spot and as soon as i cast my line i got snagged when it hit bottom, broke off my line. rebaited and tryed again no bites for about an hour. finally got a bite, only a small 1-2 lber though. put the fish on the stringer and went back to fishing. 5 minutes later the game warden shows up. thought my liscence was still current, guess not. $150 ticket for fishing without a valid freshwater liscence. missed a good bite while talking with the game warden. after getting my ticket moved to another spot. my buddy puts the fish back out, but forgot to tie the other end to anything, fish swam off with the 15 foot stringer still attached. after sitting a while i noticed the boat had taken on a bit of water. the plug had frozen and cracked. had to make a new plug from a stick. and to top it all off the truck broke down on the ride home. this is all true unfortunately as i could never imagine such a bad day. hope everyone else had better luck.:sad2::sad2:

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    man that sucks to bad you game warden wasnt as good a guy as mine was.he only give me a warning but i had to bring him my lic.to show i bought one.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mercy!!!! When it rains it pours. You sure had a lot of bad luck. But I have learned over the years that there will be days like that. That is just part of fishing. Soon you will be catching.

4. riverhobo85

riverhobo85 New Member

State:
    VA
    just bought the liscence. little over 24 hours since the ticket. that sure was a nice game warden you got. i never even knew the liscence had expired. i love fishing to much to do it intentionally. it was a really expensive lesson i guess though. it will never happen again to me i promise, just wish i could have only gotten just a warning. it would have still had the same results.

5. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Sorry to hear you had such a bad day out there. Better luck next time out!

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    game wardens here usually make you stop fishing.....He just gave me a warning. so I put my poles up & let the boy keep fishing.....

7. riverhobo85

riverhobo85 New Member

State:
    VA
    i thought about giving up for the day, but the game warden said we could continue to fish. was hoping for a big fish to make up for the big ticket. no luck.:sad2::sad2:

8. Relocated-Yankee

Relocated-Yankee New Member

State:
    Goldsboro
    That ticket could have paid for a new stringer, new plug for the boat, and a new rod and reel!!! I just pulled my license out, still got a month, but now I marked my calendar!!!

Thanks! :wink:

9. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Well, at least the boat didn't sink! We all have days like that, makes you appreciate the good days that much more.

10. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    When ya have a bad day you really have a bad day. At least ya didn't drop a tackle box overboard, or bust a rod tip in a door. Hope ya had all your bad luck for the year on that day, sure looks like it. Now ya got nothin to worry about for the rest of the year.

11. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Sounds like fun to me...:crazy:

12. 66TBONE

66TBONE New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck! Just one of them days ya wish ya stayed home in bed.:sad2: