Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Dad and Uncle fishing Sat. am. My Uncle tied into what we thought was going to be his new personal best Blue cat and after what seemed like an hour long battle, he landed a new personal best spoonbill. Somehow hooked him right above the nostril. I have no Ideal the weight of this fish but my cheap 50# digital scale I had in the boat would not touch it. I am guessing 80 plus. We snapped some pics of the old girl and sent her on her way. I told you there would be some fish stories coming in. Am I first? Good Luck
Fish Fishing Recreational fishing Fisherman Salmon

Fish Northern pike Fish Fishing Salmon
Duck

·
Registered
14,583 Posts
I snagged a 72# spoonbill and thought I had hooked into a submarine..It was a great fight. One i will never forget.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Great story. Thanks for sharing. Thats a pig spoonie in anyone's book.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
That's a heckuva fish congratulations!

Now, get rid of that gaff before you're tempted to use it on a catfish... :eek:oooh:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
That's a nice spooner! Did you catch it on the Mississippi? If it had been 13 or more days later, you could have kept it. Congrats on the catch. :big_smile:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.