underwater tv and camera

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by chambers bd, Mar 19, 2008.

1. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Hey Folks,
    I thinking about getting one of the tv and camera monitors for the boat, I guess you can see the fish under your boat. Sportsman guide has them for about 109.00. So If you dont mind tell me your thoughts on this pro's and con.
    Thanks
    Doc

2. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    [​IMG]

Guide Gear Underwater Camera

Marine
    Your Satisfaction is
    100% GUARANTEED!

View Cart [​IMG] Check Out[​IMG]0 items in your cart.[​IMG]Your total is $0.00​
    HomeAmazing DealsNew DealsTop SellersBuyer's ClubOrder StatusCatalog Quick Order
    You are here: [FONT=Times New Roman, Georgia]Home [​IMG] Fishing - Ice [​IMG] Locators & Gps [​IMG] Guide Gear® Underwater Camera

[/FONT]
    Keyword Search
    Catalog Quick Order
    Stock numbers look like: AX8M-99098 Want to Order Several Items at Once? [​IMG][​IMG] Order Multiple Items
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Buyer's Club: Renew Join Credit Card Clothing Men's Clothing Big & Tall Clothing Women's Clothing Hunting Clothing Youth Clothing Clothing Accessories Footwear Men's Footwear Women's Footwear Youth Footwear Footwear Accessories Accessories Personal Accessories Watches Sunglasses Jewelry Luggage Hunting Archery Black Powder Tree Stands Big Game Turkey Waterfowl Upland/Predator Knives Dog Supplies Hunting Footwear Hunting Clothing Optics Scopes Binoculars & Rangefinders Nightvision Shooting Supplies & Ammo Ammunition Magazines & Clips Shooting Supplies Holsters Air Guns/Paintball Home & Outdoor Living Furniture & Domestics Lawn & Patio Framed Art Food & Food Prep Self-Defense & Security Fishing & Marine Fresh Water Ice Fishing Fly Fishing Marine Camping & Outdoor Tents Backpacks/Bags Sleeping Bags Flashlights & Lanterns Camping Kitchen Camping Furniture Camping Accessories Sports and Recreation Exercise Water Sports Winter Sports Spring Sports Automotive Truck & SUV Motorcycle ATV RV Snowmobile Gifts & Gadgets Electronics Toys & Gifts Tools Tools Military HQ Military Surplus [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Other Links[/FONT] Amazing Deals New Deals Weekly Top Sellers Sizing Information View Cart Check Out Gift Certificates Order Status
    Keyword Search

var featuresCaption = "Features";var featuresText = "Color: RedBag Size: 40x90Temp Rating: 20°Carry Weight: 7lb 5ozFill Type: QuallofilShell: CanvasPack Size: 12"x7.5"Storage Bag: DuffelColor: RedBag Size: 40x90Temp Rating: 20°Carry Weight: 7lb 5ozFill Type: QuallofilShell: CanvasPack Size: 12"x7.5"Storage Bag: Duffel";
    Recording - capable Guide Gear® Underwater Camera System delivers a fish - eye view!

[​IMG]
    Click images to enlarge... [​IMG][​IMG]
    60' steel mesh cable
    is resistant to slashing
    [​IMG]
    5-hr. 12V DC
    rechargeable battery
    and charger

The Camera:
    • 1/3", 270,000-pixel CCD, delivering a high-resolution (420 TV lines) black and white image
    • Powerful infrared (IR) LED allows for viewing even at zero Lux
    • 92° wide viewing angle
    • Operating temp. from -22 to +158°F
    • 3 x 1 1/2", 1 1/2 lbs.
    The Black & White Monitor:
    • 5 1/2" diagonal. High-resolution (420 lines center)
    • Dials adjust contrast and brightness. Adjustable viewing angle
    • 6 1/2 x 6 x 8", 3 lbs.
    • Carrying case with shoulder strap.
    Order ONLINE Today!
    !!! Limited Quantities !!!
    Guide Gear® Underwater Camera
    [​IMG] Built to Sportsman's Guide's exact specifications, Guide Gear® stands for dependability, long-lasting quality and unmatched value! Guaranteed!

[​IMG] Smart Charge Battery Guage:
    • Small, compact Gauge monitors status of battery while battery is in use
    • Interacts with battery charger to continually monitor level of charge until battery reaches full capacity, prevents overcharging
    • Capable of maintaining battery at full capacity indefinitely
    • Specifically designed to work with winter fishing sonar systems that utilize 7 amp, 12-volt batteries with 500 MA to 1 AMP wall chargers.
    Digital Smart Battery Charger
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] WX2-82953 Guide Gear® Underwater Camera $119.97 Was $149.97 Compare at $199.97 [FONT=Verdan,Arial]Club Price $107.97[/FONT]
    Qty:

[​IMG] WX2-65662 Digital Smart Battery Charger Sorry, item is sold out.

[FONT=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]Order securely online[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Georgia,Times]1-800-882-2962 [/FONT]

[​IMG]

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Have one just like it Brian, not much good in dirty water but that goes to say, any way it works very well and we have fun with it, the infrared lighting works very well also, also you can get a cheap recorder we use an old small 12v camper vcr and hook up to record if ya want, kids love to watch it we will tie a bag of fish scraps just above the camera and drop it in, very cool toy, also works well to actually see what your locator's is showing you, thats what I used it for the most part, to see how it showed up on the hummin bird and being able to know what was really there. hope this helps a bit.

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Brian check your law's because there not legal in all state's...And they are only good in clear water to a certain degree:wink:

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    my buddy has one & he made a light to lower down with the camera so u can see better in dirty water, works pretty good

6. riv56

riv56 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    I had one, worked fine in perfectly clear water, but tried it in the river you couldnt see 2 feet. You decide

7. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I have one and it works great in clear water and not so good in dirty water. The light that was mentioned earlier that you lower down with the camera sounds like a good idea.

8. Eurolarva

Eurolarva New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    As mentioned it works well in clear water and not so good in stained water. In clear water I can see about 25 ft. The IR lights are pretty much a joke. At night they are totally worthless. The best thing for a camera is not locating fish but locating structure. The lake I fish has a bunch of boulders in it and I could not find them. I spent a whole day with my GPS and camera and finally located them and now I can actually catch Walleye in that lake. Visibility is pretty poor in bright sunlight so if you are going to get you choose one with a viewer or a sun shield of some sort. I have an aquaview scout and it is hard to see in sunlight. I hear the Marcum units work well.

9. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    thanks for them picture i will try to buy one:cool2: