Underwater Camera??

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by BLKCLOUD, Oct 29, 2005.

1. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    Any of you all ever used one??

2. omots2

omots2 New Member

State:
    abrerdeen md
    yes i have in both fishing and at work. To me they are realy neet they see in muddy water dark deep water .Ihave the infer red tyoe there are several tyoes out there and you must be caceful to watch what you get. one thing important is the vewer that you can see it in sun light .I use mind to find structer in deep water after i located it with my depth finder nothing like having a look see just what is there/Also have ysed to find lost items like nighbors lose outboard.Ialso some times youse it at work for serch and recoverynoy a pretty sight be a very usfull tool :)

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have the Aqua-Vu SC-100.

The underwater camera is pretty neat, lets you know what's really down there. Fish are not scared of the camera for it looks like a fish. Also shows temperature at camera depth. It proved to me that Fish Symbols on my Lowrance 480 sonar are a joke! Some places the sonar showed fish... didn't see any with the camera... other places sonar showed no fish and the camera showed fish.

The SC-100 works in sunlight without having to use a sun shield. The monitor uses an LCD and not a CRT.

Expensive toy.... If you're buying, I would recommend to buy where you can return if you don't like it. I returned several before I found one that I liked.

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Olefin,

I have the same model. Has came in handy, but prior to putting it thru its full paces I found myself in Iraq ;)

I plan on using it for producing underwater video segments for the community. The time I had with the unit was interesting, I am thinking it would be excellent for people who fish clearer bodies of water.

Paul

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Paul,

Good point about using in clearer water.
    I also don't care for using mine in real deep water that requires the light. Seems I see a lot of bubbles that don't show without the light.

Take care and good luck in Iraq!

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have one of those accuview underwater cameras. I works well when I think about bring it fishing with me. The only draw back I have is mine does not have a pointer on the camera. I some times do not know what direction the camera is pointed. I have come up with a solution for that problem now I have a pole that will extend up to about 30 feet. I will use that from this point forward.