undertaker choke tube - Turkey Hunting

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by brian sax, Jan 8, 2006.

1. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    i was wondering if anyone uses this choke for turkey. its a lot cheaper than the other ones so i was wondering if its good, or should i buy another one. i would be putting it on an 870.

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I have one I use in my Mossberg 9200 auto loader 12 gauge. It makes a great pattern out to about 35 yards. Thats the farthest I tried it at, could go further. All my birds were killed inside of 25 yards.

3. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    i like the undertaker choke tube,i have one on my mossburg 835 and my wife has one on her remington 870. at 40 yrds with the 835 i have no less then 15 pellets in the head/brain area shooting 3 1/2" winchester supreme #5 shot and thats not including the neck/spine area{where my pattern is usually centered}. the choke is only a small part of making a good turkey gun,i say get the undertaker choke and also a few differant boxes of shells in differant shot sizes and make a day of it,if you are not happy with the performance take the choke back and get somthing else and try again.....good luck to ya

4. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Personally I use the Kick's Gobbling Thunder Choke Tubes. LETHAL!!!!!!!!!!!! I try and shoot the Federal Heavyweights in #6 shot if at all possible. This load is by far the best I've ever shot for turkeys. They won't even flop when they're shot. Damage Incorporated. The great thing about Kick's is that if you aren't satisfied with your pattern, they'll exchange your chokes for you until you're either satisfied, or you want your money back!!!!!!!!!!!! Never had to do that, as they pattern AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! With the Federal Heavyweights, I get over 70 pellets in a 5" circle at 40 measured yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brutal to say the least. They are worth every penny. God bless. Mike

5. turkey22

turkey22 New Member

State:
    alabama
    I use a rhino choke tube in a mossberg 935 and in my 835 w/ remington heavy shot. Ive been turkey hunting thirty years and have tried just about every choke there is and this combo seems to be the best Ive seen. I try to shoot all birds under 35 yds but I have patterned the gun out to 75 with still a good pattern

6. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Just curious to see whats wrong with a plain ol Full Pattern Choke made by the manfacture of your weapon.

thanks
    chris

7. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Chris, the reason for most folks to use something other than the manufacturer's full choke is to get the VERY best pattern out of their gun. I know I have alot of respect for the quarry that I chase and want to make VERY sure that when I hit the bird, he dies quickly and ethically. Thus the reason I use a Kick's Gobbling Thunder with either Federal Heavyweights or Winchester Extended loads. ALOT of pellets in the kill zone and if your aim is off, you're going to miss and not wound a bird. Hope that helps. God bless.

8. DuckHunterChuck

DuckHunterChuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    thats the tube i got. it works great. just as good as any other, althou i dont really need it, i never shoot turkeys past like 10 yards. but it will be good to have when i need it. the undertaker is a fine choice b-sax.

9. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    yep i have got a undertaker choke and it looks good and i have to patterm it then i will get back to you.

10. Boogan1

Boogan1 New Member

State:
    Carrollton, MO
    I had an undertaker and it patterned ok, but then I tried the Kicks Gobblin thunder and saw my pattern really tighten up. I am still holding 10-15 pellets in the kill zone past 60 yards. At 40 yards it blows a softball size hole in the target. Birds don' even flop, it is well worth the few extra bucks it cost. Boog

11. Gonzo_Joe

Gonzo_Joe New Member

State:
    Dowling Park, Florida
    I use the Undertaker choke tube on my 870 super mag, and it patterns well out to 35 or 40 yards.

12. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I learned to first try what had,with with different loads that I was going to shoot.If it patterns right,you don;t need a aftermarket choke.If it don;t,go for it.Caution!! The same brand,gauge and model guns may pattern differtly with the same choke tube.I am talking about swaping the same tube between guns.Not allways,but at times.Don;t know why,but I have seen it.When tubes first became popular,it was common in my area for hunters to try out each others chokes tubes,to see what they wanted to buy for their guns.The same tube would pattern differently in different guns,AND the one that you ordered,because it shot so well,sometimes patterned different in everyones gun.peewee-williams

13. DuckHunterChuck

DuckHunterChuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    hey peewee!!??? the apostrophe is the one next to the semi colin. so it goes ; then ' . ok??? good.

14. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Thanks for the try.I realy do not know what I am doing on a computer,and I never could learn correct English.I have allways had a learning disability.I am 60.They called it "stupid"when I was in school.Due to illness,my ability to do anything,comes and goes as it wishes now.I keep looking,but I have not been able to grasp what you are talking about.For real,please don;t give up on me.Keep trying.I need all the help that I can get.Thanks,peewee-williams