under water lights?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by iowacatsmacker, Apr 5, 2007.

1. iowacatsmacker

iowacatsmacker New Member

State:
    murray,iowa
    has any one used the green submersible lights to catch catfish, I was watching a fishing show and they did catch cats. [the lights bring in bait fish ]

2. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Checked my regs and bought a Magnum Fishing light for use this season.....Sonds like a good idea, we'll see. Either way with the new baitfish regs around here, it'll make legal baitfish easier to come by.

Rich

3. bank bouncer

bank bouncer New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    Not for cats, but use it for crappies and white bass. My setup is two floating lights and my green one down about 1/3 the water depth. We just hammer'em, if you get them minnows going and the crappie and white bass I'm sure some cats are going to check it out!

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
  5. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    i've used the floating lights for crappie, and before i leave the spot, i'll throw the cast net and end up with a bunch of shad... i haven't had any luck hanging shad under the light for cats, but i've only tried it few times... i have seen people catch cats off of minnows under the lights though... the light just brings in the plankton which brings in the minnows and shad which bring in the crappie, cats, and yes even bass, and its just luck of the draw from there... if they grab your injured bleeding slow moving minnow or shad, which should be the first to get eatin from what i have read (the fish will eat an injured baitfish before a healthy baitfish to get rid of the weak... lol).

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Never used on to catch catfish, but have used them to light up the rods and bring in baitifish to keep me entertained while I fish!!