Uncomfortable Buck

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Todd Strong, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    thought I would share this pic that was emailed to me. If that was mine, I would have to have it mounted the way it is.

Attached Files:

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I bet that hurt. You're right, I'd have it mounted like that. That's sick...but cool!

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Is that a honeylocust thorn in his right eye?

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i agree it would bring more conversation mounted on the wall like it is!!!

5. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Jeeze, he's a monster. Very unique as well. What an unbelievable animal.

6. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I got this same pic from a friend of mine. I'm like you and would have to get him mounted like that. Good luck to all this next week. I've heard many reports that the bucks are chasing does all over the place. Looks like some longs days in the stand.

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I know Im a little tired right now but did that buck break off another bucks rack in its eye?!!

8. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Ouch! No winner in that fight! :eek:oooh:

9. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Man, looks like that had to hurt. I'd mount it just like that.

10. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Very nice buck, and I agree with everyone. Mount it just like that. Makes it unique for sure.

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    nothin like a wilderness origonal

12. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I disagree. If you look closely at the base of the antler/dagger. it ripped out part of his skull. and not just broke off at the base. the other deer is dead, I'm sure. so, all in all. he won! I watched a violent long lasting fight in a field one day. the bigger buck wore the smaller on out so bad it just layed on it's side tired out, trying to recover. the bigger buck kept coming in off and on for the short time he layed and spearing him in his side. i found that buck dead a couple weeks later in a big ravine. he looked liked he had been dead since shortly after that fight.it had a single hole pierced in his ribcage and foaming frothy pink blood, that had dried on his mouth. obviously he hit a lung. this was a pretty big 10 point weighing over 200 pounds. Imagine what the bigger buck weighed/scored...

13. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    There was a fight, but it took place in the past. This antler is growning out of the deers lower eye/ skull area due to an injury a few years prior........he couldnt get the velvet off the bottom of the drop tine sticking out

14. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    dude. the antler is'nt growing there. it was forced through it's skull and got stuck. then he ripped the antler off of the other deer taking part of it's skull with him.. look at the picture closer. i've killed several bucks with eye injuries from fighting. but never to this extreme..

15. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska

no.. thats the other deers antler

16. enfausen

enfausen New Member

State:
    Indiana (Rising Sun)
    I would have to agree, and mount it just like that!!!!!

17. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    strange for sure, but looks like a hoof on the base of the antler, glad that one is done sufferin

18. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If it was another deers antler it would be jagged at the bottom not round. Where its dark at the bottom it is dreid velvet that the buck didnt rub off.

19. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Does there happen to be a story about this buck anywhere? Just kinda curious what the real deal is.

20. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    wow!!!!upon closer inspection with two different magnifing glass I have come to the conclusion that....1. This deer is dead.........
    2. This deer is dead.........
    3. This deer is dead.........
    Man you can't really tell if it's growing outta his head or it was shoved in there.....There is blood on the end of the tine at the bottom where it looks like skull or even as another said a hoof???????? Figure iffen it was shoved in there inna battle of dominace there would be blood all over his face, at least some dried blood....I wanna hear the rest of the story.....anybody got Paul Harvey's number...............That eyeball socket has been healed fer a long time..............Anyhow's my vote says mount it like it is.......................:crazy::eek:oooh::crazy::eek:oooh::crazy::eek:oooh: