Uncle SciFi Gathering ???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mickey, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Is there any plans to have the annual SiFi gathering this year? This has been a nice gathering and would hate to see it overlooked. I know last year dates were close to this years plans for an expo.

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    what sifi

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    believe it or not i just asked dh about this today and he said it is on forsure but no date has been set yet...

4. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    I was just thinking about that a few days ago. I hope I am not working on the weekend it is planned on.

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    it was a pretty good time last year except for the minor problem with the skipjack hole being closed due to an oil spill:wink:

6. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Cattoon,
    SciFi was a moderator on the BOC for many years. He was one of the most loved and respected members the BOC has ever had. His "Welcome" to all new members was something mentioned by many.
    He had a get together every year there by where he lived (at the Kentucky Dam Village State Park Restaurant) that was well attended and the guys have just continued it every year since SciFi's passing.
    Hope this helped.

7. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    After we got back across the ferry we ended up fishing there. I am sure we weren't supposed to, but we did. LOL

8. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia

The Catfish Expo is cancelled.

9. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Keep us posted, I never got to meet sifi, I enjoyed his stories and the way he made us newbes fell at home.
    smokey

10. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I was at the last years sci-fi-gathering with griz and his family....we had a good time and a good breakfast too. With Guest speakers on catfishing. Some of the sponsors were set up with safari rods and Bait tanks and much more. It was a good time and I'm looking forward to the next one. Sign me up!!!!!!:big_smile: I hope the skipjacks are hitting for all the guys who come to catch much needed bait supplies.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    For the skipjack run at Ky/Barkley, we were about three weeks early last year, with the gathering. I agree this was a great gathering with a good turnout. The speakers and sponsors was a great addition. With all the talk about secret 7 maybe Jeff can make it this year.