Uncle Sci Fi's Memorial Breakfast and Skipjack Outing

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hello All. Just a note to let you all know we have been very cordially invited to join in on this annual BOC gathering down at Ky Dam sponsored by none other than Deerhunter in memory of "Uncle Sci Fi"

I strongly encourage everyone that has January 5th off to try and make the trip down. Eric and the rest of those Cane Tuck Eee folk are truly great people, and it will be time well spent amongst the Brothers.

As Jan 5th draws near we will get an accurate count of who can make it so that we can all form up carpools and drive down together so as to save money. The link to the thread below has all the details (eventually) :smile2:

Try and make it guys. You wont regret it. Where else can you see a 270 pound man wearing a pink tutu, and his twinkie eating comrade all in the same place? Dont forget your skipjack rigs, and your coolers. :wink:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64121

2. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Hey Cuz. I live up up the road from Eric and JW. I really don't need a reminder of the pin tutu. :smile2: And all the rest of the pink stuff they own!!! I get so tired of going fishing and they want to bring something pink with them. To me it's like bringing a banana in the boat...BAD LUCK.:smile2:

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    By the sounds of Twinkie Man and his scheming, I'm going to have be there in Cognito anyhow. After all Dan, we are dealing with guys that fish in cornfields!!!!!!!! :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: If you ever get embarrassed to the point of moving, well take you up here in the Missourah Territory. :wink:

4. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Thanks Cuz. I remember that. From what I hear the fishing is decent up that way. LOL BTW...he not only fishes there he hunts there too. LOL

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    ROFLMAO!!!!!! Now WHY do I have this image of DH sittin HIGH up in a deer stand over looking a cornfield holding a Fishing Rod!!!!!!!! And twinkie wrappers littering the ground all around the bottom of his tree. :smile2::smile2::smile2: My guts are hurting. Make it go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    lmao cuz i can see that one too if deerhunter01 ever comes up missing out deerhunting just follow the trail of wrapers you will find him soon

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Well Cuz,
    I was coming in for the day after hauling lime in a tri-axle this evening and what did i see when I pulled in??? You guessed it...DH was just getting in from deerhunting. I honestly don't understand his thinking on the camo though. Seems rather weird to me, LMAO!!!

8. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    It's only about 3 1/2 hr's for me to drive / about 4 and 1/2 for the wife to drive.:wink:..
    I need the skipjack , I'm down to the last 2 frozen skip's and they look like something the dog would avoid.
    Where you meeting at ?
    The Dam or for breakfast? ( before we get'em?) Fisherman's friend / Pelican restrant? They don't open until 6am , from what I remember. I don't want to admitt it / but i'm a little fuzzy on detail's.
    So / inlight'n me on the detail's , Please.:cool2:

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

OMG............ I'm going to have nightmares of Pink Bunnies. Make em go away Doc, make em go way.......:smile2::tounge_out::smile2:

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Here ya go Tom. Its in the Ky Threads Section if you have any more questions.

Date: Jan 5th, 2008

Meeting place : Pelican Restaurant

Meeting time: 8:00 AM

Pelican Restaurant
    1006 Us Highway 62
    Grand Rivers, KY 42045

Driving Directions to Location

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Don't follow the Kantuckee boyz directions... They'll have you driving through cornfields and swamps to get there... hehehe

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Ain't dat du way you's aposta' to git thar??? LOL!!! Don't furgit to turn bi dat big rock on du corner bi du grable rode!!!!!

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hey Guys, just heard from Ryan down in Ol Cane Tuckk Eeeee. He called to say he BELTED them skips tonight. He caught 50-60 in a short time period, and said they are the BIG ones going about 2 pounds a piece. Might wanna run down to catch the bite guys if your free tomorrow. Not often you get the really big ones running like that.

14. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    Oh heck! If'n you would have told me last night I'd be there!
    The wife need's time to get her beauty saplie's together ya know!:smile2:.
    Dang it , anyway!
    Friday's worr'n is satur's dawning!
    See ya on 1 / 5 /08:wink:

15. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Cuz those fish are a blast. We found a real good way to catch them in the daytime when they are deep. Fish behind the peer with a little pilchard (alive) on a small hook and a split shot. Let er' sink down about 15 or 20' and start jigging it up slowly and we caught quite a few today like that. In the evening just throw something out there and reel em in.

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Your correct Ryan. You would be hard pressed to find more fun than a big skipjack run on light tackle. Great to take the little ones to a bite like that as they dont get bored. :smile2:

17. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Ryan, for their size I don’t think there’s a fish in the river that fights more than a skipjack, use light tackle and it is a hoot. I’ve caught them looking for crappie using a similar rig with minnows. They do put up a fight!!! Usually find them next to a snag just at the current break point, either dropping a minnow in vertically or drifting it down below a bobber. Every time the line takes off away from the snag toward the main current I know a skippie is on. They are a blast.

18. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Mike I agree, I think they are basically a fresh water tarpon. They fight and look like tarpon, and man can they spit a hook! If we would have caught every one that we hooked we would have needed a much bigger truck. As it was I had to go out and buy another cooler to get them home. We had an absolute blast, I have never seen her get so excited about fishing. I tell you what when my boy is ready to go fishing, I am going to take him out to catch skipjack. He can get all the practice he needs on fighting fish and have enough action to keep him interested. I cant wait for that day to come.

19. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Well I'll try to make this one, I know I'm going to head down there sometime during my two week vacation. I'll be off December 14th thru January 2nd, and will most likely go on a weekday, so....if anybody wants to go give me a shout!

20. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I'll be off for about 3 weeks then for Christmas, depending on the day I may be up for a trip.