Uncle Josh's Carp Bait

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by catfish_jordan, Feb 3, 2007.

1. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    just got this carp bait made from uncle josh.on the lid it sayes''proven dough bait made from sweet corn,corn syrup,and cheese irresistible to carp.my ? is has any body tried it or do you think it will work.thank you brothers and sisters.:smile2:

2. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    When I fished for carp years ago, it was my experince they would eat anything sweet. I mixed cereal with strawberry pop and syrup. I would say yes, your uncle josh should work great. All I do now is bowfish for carp. Good luck.

Flint

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I just bought a tub today. Ill find out tomorrow morning.

4. catfish_jordan

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    ozzy i got mine today too. please post once you tryit out.thanks

5. mycat

mycat New Member

State:
    winston sa
    Tried it a couple yrs. ago here in NC. Never had a pickup with it.:sad2:

6. catfish_jordan

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    take a look - PM me for a link - got me convinced.

7. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    Yes fellows it does work. I have used the corn and strawberry flavors. One thing I will say, I usually chum with canned sweetcorn no matter what hook bait I use. The corn that I chum with, brings them into the area. Then they find your bait and eat it. I do this because, I hate waiting for the fish to hunt down one small piece of bait. The corn leads the fish there and makes them bite faster. It does work even if you don't chum. I just don't like to wait that long for a bite. Remember that corn is not the only thing that you can chum with. You can use plain pieces of bread, small boilies, ground bait or some other form of loose offering. Ground bait is, a blend of dry ingredients mixed with water or some other liquids to form a ball that breaks down when thrown into your fishing area. Sorry, I got carried away:embarassed: . To answer your question again, yes it does work.

8. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    back when I was kid, I used carp fishing in Arkansas, I use bread on small hook. but right now I fishing for CATFISH! well someday carps will accident on hook while I catfishing.. but it's fun to catch them...

9. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    My daughter and I use it every time we fish for carp, have had good luck with it in past. One day we caught 16 large carp and that was fun. ( George didn't like having to clean that many
    Sharon

10. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    I use to sell it in my bait shop and i used it a couple of times to and got a few big carp with it. Add some anise oil to it and you can get the cats to hit it to.

11. catfish_jordan

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    thanks everybody you all too got mee convinced.

12. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    i have yet to catch a carp(comman,leatherback,or grassie)on store bought carp bait.i make my own and do pretty good with it.send me a pm if you need some bait recipes,and i will be glad to help you out. tell me how your bait works out when u get a chance to fish with it.good luck and tightlines

13. noeran

noeran New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I've never had any luck either on store bait. I make my own. However, I have never seen the one you speak of. I have also found that ground bait works better, i.e. mix some grits, instant potatoes, and cream style corn together, with a sugar pop on the hook.

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Can't say that I have ever heard of Uncle Josh Carp Bait. Let me know how it does.(if the water ever thaws out so you can use it.):roll_eyes:

15. catfish_jordan

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    the next time i go fishing is on spring break. im going too arizona so my fishing exsperience is closer than i theink which is in about 4 weeks from friday.

16. kccatman76

kccatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    i make my own special carp bait and catch the heck out of them because carp is one of my favorite blue and channel baits

17. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Im thinking about buying some of that stuff too. You guys got me convinced!