Uncle Josh carp Bait?

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by KansasKatCatcher, Jun 29, 2008.

1. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    I just seen this stuff at cabelas and was wondering if anyone has tried this stuff out? It looks like smashed up strawberries. If i did buy some, how would i keep it on the hook?

2. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    I used this stuff at a lake full of carp near my house. It holds best on a treble, it dissolves very slowly. I caught tons of carp, however, I didnt land one over 20lbs. All in all, it works well but, doesn't beat marshmallows.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Ive never had any luck with it myself, doesnt mean it wont work for you .

4. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    I've tried it out a few times, don't even remember getting a bite on it honestly.

5. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Tried it once in a side by side test with corn and my own homemade conconctions. Caught the heck out of carp on everything BUT the Uncle Josh bait.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Never tried it Mike,I have too good of luck on whole kernal canned corn and my homemade doughbait to change a thing.

7. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    We tried this several times last year and the year before. We caught tons of channels on it but no carp. I haven't really messed around with it this year. I think i have a container of it somewhere. It stays on the hook fairly well...

8. deerhunter56

deerhunter56 Guest

Ive bought 2 jars of this stuff never have caught carp. but have torn up on channels even managed to land my 1st and personal favorite a albino cat. havent tried it since then.

9. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Never tried it mike although I tear the carp up with marshmellos and canned corn.

10. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have a couple cans of the corn flavored, but i never tried it. i might just have to do that next time i go on a bait run.

11. ibohunter

ibohunter New Member

State:
    southeast, pa
    THEY SHOULD RELABEL IT AS A HOAX

12. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I also think its a waste of money. Bread and corn is simple and it always works.:wink: