Uncle BOC Needs You! Call in a MEDEVAC

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catfish_Commando, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    I would dare to say we have some of the best talent in the world of catfishing and outdoorsmenship. From our mountain basin stream fishermenen, to the member(s) that trek off-road breaking brush in search of pristine locations, to our mainstream trophy hunters running the James and Mississippi river(s).

We are looking for members to prepare and write small articles showcasing their outdoor fishing - hunting adventures. Many members are now equipped with digital cameras, and have main stream word processing software on their home systems.

Your adventure would be showcased in a special section of the BOC, and would be read and appreciated by all.

What is the BOC Looking for?

In the simplest terms, medium sized entertainment articles covering the 5 W(s) Who - What - When - Where - Why.

Throw in a few images, and your contribution is complete. With the shear amount of talent the BOC encompasses, we are hoping to gradually swell this section to the largest collection that is available online today.

Everyone hates not being able to fish and hunt as much as they would like to, wouldn't it be great to read about the fishing / hunting adventures from our members from across the United States?

To inspect the new section, Click Here!

When you get 5 submissions published in this section, we will recognize you with the BOC Article award. We know it doesn't buy any coffee, but its our way to show we appreciate you going above and beyond the norm.

Thanks,
    Paul

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Some members more than likely won't contribute cause it may give a way their super triple secret fishin holes away. LOL! Sarcastic little terd ain't I? LOL!

3. Boogan1

Boogan1 New Member

State:
    Carrollton, MO
    How do you go about submitting a story? Any length requirements? Is it catfishing only or does any type of hunting and fishing apply? Thanks, Boog

4. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I will do what I can Paul just give me more specifics

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Sounds good, I will see what I can come up with.....probaly wont be much to talk about until this spring though.:rolleyes:

6. Catfish_Commando

State:
    Georgia
    Boogan1,

You will send your story to catfishing@gmail.com. The story will be posted under your BOC User-name so all credit will be levied where due. No set in stone length requirements, but it should conform to basic writing standards, "Not looking for 100 word entries". Any type of hunting and fishing would apply, short of highly hot topics.

Greg,

You have some great fishing up there, and use some unique equipment, would be a great story to share.

Katmaster,

Appreciate your help, I am sure you will have some good contributions.

Thanks,
    Paul

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    It would be nice to have an editor to clean it up. And set the right format. I think I can do a few. But in no way could I be called a writer..
    Pete

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I will give it a try but spelling and grammer can't count! LOL
    Bill

9. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    It don't matter if we can't spell so good, thats what pics are for, lol

hooket on fonics werket fer mee!!:D

10. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I got me some good content, but ain't too good wid grammer! Be glad to help boss!

11. Catfish_Commando

State:
    Georgia
    Gents,

We will help with the Grammar and formatting, we actually have a College English Professor we will pass these off to, so he can tighten them up where needed.

We will be sure they look the best possible, within our capabilities. The thing to remember, is this is member to member. As said above, pictures help tie it all together.

In the near future we will setup a sub-topic that is qued, so content can be posted, and looked over and worked with.

This will be a great addition to the BOC, if the members support it :)

12. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Great idea!! That should keep some of us who cant get out going till we can!!

13. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    great idea!!!! im sure we can accommidate you this season. when me and polecat hit the water its always an adventure. he doesnt bring enough beer and i dont have enough bait. lol

14. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Very good idea. And yes when river scum & I hit the water its not a job its an adventure. So sit back & relax we will be coming right back with some hot flathead fishing after this commerical break. :grin-big: