Unbelievable Rainbow Trout Trip

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by EricM, Apr 28, 2007.

1. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    I got the opportunity of a lifetime to go trout fishing way back in the mountains of northeast Tennessee. Private property with a beautiful mountain stream cascading into big, quiet pools, then short runs and riffles, and 3' to 6' waterfalls into the next pools, one after another. There was also a big man-made pond at the bottom fed by the stream where the owner built a little cottage and pier.
    Of course, before going, I was searched, stripped naked, blindfolded, and locked in the trunk. (Or at least that's what I would have done if it was my property!)
    Fished with spinning gear and trout magnets, tiny jigs and trailers like you use for crappie, maybe a #10 hook. I was told that because it was very lightly fished and it was ONLY catch and release that I would have a chance at filling the 3 IGFA Tennessee state line class records and getting a Tennessee Angler Recognition Program qualifying fish, so I took a second rod and extra spools with me just in case.
    I wound up catching 6 rainbows, two of them rather small, one about 3 lbs, and three BIG fish! 6-0, 6-11, and 9 lbs even!! Every time I caught a big fish it was quickly weighed, photographed, and released, and I'd change to another line test.
    So I ended the day with fish that will set the Tennessee 4 lb, 12 lb, and 20 lb test line classes, with the 9 pounder being 26 1/2" and qualifying for my 13th Tennessee Angler Recognition Program species! What a day! I would have been happy without any fish at all - it was more beautiful than the postcard and calendar pictures that you see and had the sounds to boot! Every once in a while you have to just sit down and look and listen and say "Thank you Lord", and this was one of those for me.

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      38.7 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      38.1 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      39 KB
      Views:
  2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Eric! Those are some real nice Trout! That's cool you got in the record book also!:cool2:

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    you got some pigs there. great catch!

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :eek:oooh: "Congrat on the catch Eric"! "Those are some nice ones"!
    :0a22:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

5. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Wow! those are some huge trout! Really great about that recognized Angler program too!

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats on all that ,really nice to see

7. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Sammich trout,clear out the gene pool:lol:

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the nice catches!!!

9. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Those are some real beauties, thanks for sharing!!

10. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    WOW, nice catch Eric, thanks for sharing and hope your good luck continues!:wink:

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats on a nice trout.