Unbelievable bass catch!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by kkyyoottee, Aug 16, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My wife and I were fishing the other night when she casted out and as she was retrieving she felt a hit and her rod tip went flying back and the hook was set , her little ultra light was bent double but on the way into shore about 15 feet out she felt a second slam !!! the reel starting singing and the rod was making funny noises but she is a expeirence ultra lighter, She kept reeling and playing gaining ground and loosing ground. 30 minutes later and to our amazement 2 bass were on the 5 inch purple worm . One was hooked on middle hook and one on bottom.!!! Both were landed on ultra light setup which kinda can be seen in pic. I still dont believe it!! But here is pic!! Sorry honey I was so excited I cut your head out of pic but I reconize that camo top anywhere!!

Attached Files:

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    thats pretty kool man. was it a farm pond? ive never heard of catching a double with a lure.

3. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It is a old quarry. We have many in the area where we fish.:big_smile: And there are some monster fish in some that have snapped our #4 pound test like a eagle flying thru a spiders web. And when this happens we both look and wonder. But the thrill of ultra lights is to hard to resist!!! Thanks for asking!!

4. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    the same happend to me recently i caught a 7 pound bass on 4 pound test and u wont belive this a five pound catfish on an uL on 4 pound test i know what a thrill it is nice fish man:wink::big_smile:

5. JKeeney20

JKeeney20 New Member

State:
    Lucasville, Ohio
    I did this last year with a crankbait, thought I had the big fish of the tourny...ended up being 2 bass about 2 lbs each...which also helped me out...lol....Its rare! catching it on the ultra light makes it even better! Congrats!

6. CatFishingFinatic

CatFishingFinatic New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It was quite an experience and a good fight. I thought I had something really good on. I was totally amazed to see 2 fish on 1 lure. I started laughing and told Will and my Dad to come see what I just caught. LOL:smile2:

7. kastmaster

kastmaster New Member

State:
    California
    dang nice fish pretty good sized to congratz

8. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    haha thats pretty cool, good lookin fish too!!! congrats!

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    one time me and a boc buddie was fishing at the spillway at clinton laek. he got a bass on worm and as he reeled it right up to the rocks a small snake bit its side and came right out of the water with it.

10. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    wow never heard of something like that, and on UL tackle too. Im suprised they didnt break the rod or line. nice catch

11. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    thats cool!! way to go!

12. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Way to go"!!!! :smile2:

"That's Alright in my book"!!! :wink:

Thanks for sharing that with us all.
    :0a31:

13. CatfishJohn.612

CatfishJohn.612 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Way to go, Thanks for sharing.

14. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Not much more exciting than UL fishing, but you sure have to be careful!!!!!!
    Nice Fish!!!!!:cool2:

15. CatFishingFinatic

CatFishingFinatic New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thank you, I had my drag set, and played them, it was a lot of fun. I enjoy UL fishing because you have to play them, you can't bully them or they will bully you. and take your tackle LOL

16. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I've done that 2 times in My lifetime once on a crankbait the other time on a topwater lure. pretty cool when it happens

17. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    I have caught doubles on the same lure several times. Never on a rubber worm tho. Mostly on topwater baits and big cranbaits.
    Good job young lady.....

18. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I see little kids catching 4-5 pound channels on snoopy/barbie poles all the time my way.

19. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    right on thats not easy to do