Un Retired Rank

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Jul 31, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :sad2: Boy I really hate doing this ,but with prices of gas and everything else I have no choice but to go back to work behind the wheel. Gonna be driving a dump truck again only this time I'm gonna be hauling the hot rocks(asphault.) gonna give it a try anyway and see how it goes. They said most of there work is in the St.Louis area. So I guess i won't be on here as much. See you all later . GOD BLESS!!

2. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Wow I use to work on a crew that put the hot rocks down. I always felt sorry for the drivers because the heat in the cab was bad. I mean bad! Take water with ya. Sorry you had to unretire.
    Bill

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    That just plain sucks.

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Gosh John Sorry to hear that you have to return to work! I know that Gas and everything is going up and man that really makes it rough on folks on a fixed income. I know that I was planning on Retireing in two years but with the way things are going I don't know if I will be able to. Its a sad sort of affairs that our old country has gotten into and one wonders just where it will stop! I would reall hope that you Don't have to work verry long as Sir. I know you have done your Share. God Bless and keep us posted I know I for one will miss your posts and and your support. your Friend J.D.Straka

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thats rank allrite! Keep your chin up John. Our president is doin everything he can! YEA RITE! LOL!

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck John on the new adventure brother, hope it's not too rough on ya.

7. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    That is a sad state(country) when a man can work all his life looking forward to the day he can retire and enjoy himself and his familiy, only to have to go back to work to afford gas, meds, food.Good luck to you and watch the heat.

8. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Best of luck to you John, sorry to hear you have to go back to the grind though.
    ((fighting back comments of my commander in chief))

9. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Couldn't agree more John. Gonna miss your post on here. Try and get on as much as possible. We'll be praying everything works out for ya.

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    MRR:
    I am soooooooooo terribly sorry to hear about this,now if you were doing just because you were bored and needed to get back into the swing of things that would be completely different but the reason in reality is the reason that really puts the screws down on a person and I mean down tight. Hang in there MRR and try to keep us updated if you can,please don't do anything that will harm your health if you can keep from it. I for one will miss you sir I need you as one of my teachers to teach me how to catch that catfish.Thank you sir for all your posts and I hope and pray you can check in once in awhile God Bless----------Pat (pk):smile2:

11. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Hang in there, John! Take good care of yourself and we'll look forward to whatever posts you can find time for :smile2:

12. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    man super sorry to hear about that

whats goin on with everything goin up in prices but NO ONE WILL RAISE WAGES

its all MESSED UP

i dont agree with a SINGLE BIT OF IT

Jeff

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    John, hate to hear that you'll be having to go back to work. Good luck on hauling that stuff and hope you don't have to do it too long.
    Take care.

14. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good luck brother. I hope they give you a truck with a good AC in it.

15. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Best of luck to ya, mrr. Maybe you should invest some money in the lottery... haha, yeah right. Maybe (but doubtfully) the gas prices will go down enough that you don't really need to unretire anymore. See ya around.

-Red

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sorry to hear that John Im like Jim Once a man retires he should'nt have to go back to work. Stay cool the best you can and drink lots of water hopefully it will be a temporary thing.

17. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Darn it!!!! Wish you didn't have to go back to work, although I understand because I reiterd out of the Navy today with 22 years in and I also have to work just to make ends meet so take care of yourself and hopefully it will only be a temporary thing for you.

18. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well I made it through the first day.Didn't haul no HOT ROCKS today. probably be Wed before they get to that. Today I hauled 4 loads of base rock.Yes the truck does have air,not the greatest but sure better than being out doors. I went back for two reasons 1. The Money and 2. I was starting to get bored what with fish not biting and all. Just have a lot of catching up to do on the Boc when I do get in. Sorry if I don't get to all of them.Just no way. Did read one I didn't really want to hear about (From Bert-Shane ) about PHIL. Thats not the kind of news any of us wants to read about. Gotta go now will try and get on for awhile before I leave in the morning .I want to thank each and everyone of you for being concerned.GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU. Still trying to get to the Nat. if I can get the money together. Another reason I went back . Gonna give it my best shot. Might have to sleep in my truck if I get down there.

19. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    I'm really sorry to hear you had to come out of retirement because of $$. It's an unfortunate situation that is happening all over. My dad is 79, and "retierd" he works a 9-5 job at a service station. just to make ends meet. I think it is positively disgusting. AND he was in the service. not a thing from there! Since he works all week & tries to find odd jobs on the weekends he never has time to go fishing anymore & I know he misses it, Lots. The worst part is we are just scraping by so I can't even help him out. This has really become a pitiful state of affairs whwn you can't retire after a lifetime of work. There has got to be something that can be done!

Lisa

20. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Jphn, look at it this way - your helping your federal and state government by going back to work and paying taxes the illegal immigrants aren't paying. Government still has social services it has to pay, including unemployment and health insurance for the illegals.