Ultralight=Ultrafun

Discussion in 'Pond Fishing' started by NewMexicoCatfisher, Sep 12, 2008.

1. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    I have found a new love in life. Fishing small ponds/creeks, using a tiny rod with a half-fist sized reel, spooled with 2lb test. Does anybody else love this fishing? I just discovered this recently.

I just love the pure fun of this type of fishing. Simple fishing that doesn't require fish finders, 4 stroke motors, or $20 spool of line. It is fishing at its best, in my opinion. Where size doesn't matter but, big fish are welcome. You don't horse 5lb fish in but, fight them like you normally would a 40lber. It is this fishing that deeply strengthens both body and soul. It sure is hard to keep a smile from beaming bright:roll_eyes:

Attached Files:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    OHH Yeah,I love down sizing,Seth. I have a micro light spinning rod combo by Quantum ,I only use it for gills ,trout ,and crappie though.

3. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    Yea, i mainly catch gills, and trout but, that carp sure was a pleasant surprise. Fought very hard.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats some nice fish, nice looking water hole to.

5. Bossofbeefbowl

Bossofbeefbowl New Member

State:
    Hanover Park,IL
    Yep,my son won an ultralight rod that when he's not around I bring with me to fish for carp.The nice thing about carp is they're pretty much in any pond at any location.If not,you can always chum the water first.

6. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I got a neat little story exactly about this subject.I was at the sportsman show and I came across a booth for a monthly fishing mag and they said I could get the mag for 1$ a month and they would give me the first one free on the spot..Well the cover story on the mag was about fishing light tackle..The story in the mag was very informative and explained all the details of fishing with light tackle..I followed the directions of the mag and voila a whole new world of fishing was opened to me..I have at least a dozen light tackle rigs and use them more than anything else..Gotta catch catfish bait you know..