Ultimate Match Fishing

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by FATFLATTIE, Aug 12, 2007.

1. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I was wondering if any of you guys watch Ultimate Match Fishing? I think it's one of the most interesting tournament formats going right now. However, in this weeks episode, Luke Clausen bites a guys line while he's fighting a fish and the guy looses the fish and falls out of the boat trying to get it. Personally I think it should be a DQ for some cheap crap like that and if it was me he did that too it would have been a fist fight in that bass boat. It's for 50 G's and he's pulling stunts like that. That's not a proper reflection of angling skill, that's just dirty, common stuff right there. I dunno, it just really peeved me off b/c being a bass tournament fisherman myself I know how bad it feels to loose a fish, much less have somebody cut your line while you've got one beside the boat. It's poor sportsmanship. I used to like Luke, now I really despise the guy. Just my little rant, sorry:angry:

2. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I have never heard of Ultimate Match Fishing but that would certainly cause for "it" to be on. Doing something like that to a person is not a sportsman like attribute I would want to be around. Sounds like he needs to grow up some.

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yeah, it's pretty neat. They put two pros in the same boat together and they both get to control the boat for two of the four quarters. There's lots of smack talking and the occasional questionable move. It's pretty interesting. A bunch of those guys look like they've never fished out of the back of the boat before.

4. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Can you give us some more info on channell, time etc! Thanks!!:tounge_out:

5. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    It comes on the V.S. channel. I believe it used to be the outdoor channel before they changed the name. I believe it comes on several times during the week, but it comes on at either 6 or 6:30pm ET. It's a pretty dang good show. It's my favorite fishing show aside from Bassmasters. I just love watching tournament fishing. To me it's a lot better than watching somebody fish in some ridiculous stocked lake like Bill Dance does all the time. I still love Bill, I'd just rather watch real fishing most of the time.