Ultimate Fighting

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by catfishkatmando, May 27, 2006.

1. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Does anyone follow the UFC there is going to be a geat match on tonight on PPV. I dont usually buy these events because the are pricey I just lok up the after fight reports but this one is and old schol Brazilian jujitsu (Grace) against Mat hughes .

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If UFC means "Ugly Flathead Catfish" you got my attention...:lol:

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I watch UFC every chance that I get but I can not afford the pay channels

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Will be heading to Hooters to watch for free. LMAO Well, I guess salad and water will probably be $10, but cheaper then then $50 or whatever it costs. LMAO

I think Hughes will kill him, but would love to see Gracie win.

5. Cat King

Cat King New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    It's going to be a great fight, but I think Matt will pull it off. Royce hasn't been in the ring in a while.

6. catfishkatmando

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Arlington if you hang in there long enough you can se a lot of god matches on spike, that is what I usualy do

SEE YOU ON THE FISH BANK AT THE NATIONAL GATHERING

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I love watching the UFC, better than boxing or wrestling. I think Matt maybe in trouble against Gracie. I think Gracie's technique is going to be too much for Hughes. Look at who Gracies beaten, everybody!!! hes faced. But it should be a great fight.

Isnt Forrest Griffin fighting Tito Ortiz on the card? What do you all think about that one. Should be some fireworks there.

8. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've Followed The Ufc For Years, I'll Go With Gracie.

9. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    :embarassed: DOH! Ortiz vs. Griffin was UFC 59.

10. catfishkatmando

State:
    Salem, WV.
    That was the last one I think ortiz barely pulled it off. I gogle ultimate fighting the next day for results.

11. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I am going with Matt Hughes, that guy is good. And Forrest is a good one. I try to watch as often as I can, just hadnt bene able to lately. I miss all the good stuff:sad2:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Results?? I did not get to make it to Hooters.

13. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Just did a google search and seen that Hughes won. Kinda figured it would happen that way.

14. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Matt,
    How are the salads at Hooters? Never had one but I hear the buns and mellons are great! LOL

15. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
  16. steve-o

steve-o New Member

State:
    ohio
    griffen, hands down

17. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    Not only did he win, he crushed Gracie. Gracie has been fighting since he left the UFC, but not in the timed matches and not without his gee(?). All of the fights were good. They showed three of the early matches after the main event to fill the time and two of them were the best knockouts of the night, a flying knee and a brutal overhand right. Good PPV overall.

18. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Holy cow, Hughes won. I figured Gracie would make him tap like a little girl.
    Gracie didnt get to wear his gee? That thing seemed like it was part of him the way he used it.

Just caught something new on FSN called IFL or International Fighting League, they had teams and seemed to be pretty close to UFC. They also show PRIDE FC on FSN too. All kinds of fighting on makes boxing look like pro wrestling.

I was thinking about this the other night. If they made them break a submission hold when they reached the cage. Seems like it could bring a lot more anticipation to see if they could reach the cage before they tap out. Just a thought, anybody else have any rules they would like to see changed?

19. Cat King

Cat King New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Matt Huges wins!

20. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well by now I guess we all know the result. I was also pulling for Royce, but I know how good Matt is. Although Royce was gone from the UFC for a while, he has been pretty active in PRIDE competition as well as traditional BJJ. Too bad. I really wanted to see him come back stronger.