Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by daystarchis, Feb 1, 2006.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Anyone out there a fan of MMA (mixed martial arts)? Big UFC fight this weekend. Who ya'll pick, the Liddell or couture for the title?

2. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I admit it, Im hooked. I saw my first UFC show a few months back and I have not missed much. Those guys are unreal. St Pierre is a monster for a 21 year old.

I think Liddell wants it more. That SOB is just outright mean!

-sal

3. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    I have been watching since the begining. I still like the old bracket system, the fighters would have to fight 4 or 5 times over 2 days to win the tourny. I believe Randy Couture is just to hard to beat 2 times in a row. He will come in ready like he did in the first fight.

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I too been watching it from the beginning and also a fan of Pride fighting as well. Pride has there tourneys. My pick is the Natural (Couture). If he gets the iceman on the ground, it is all over for the iceman;)

5. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Chuck is in the zone right now and I believe he will K.O. Randy by the 3rd. round. Another guy to look out for is Middleweight champ,Matt Hughes. He is probably the best fighter pound for pound the UFC has ever seen. The Heavyweight champ, Orlavsky looks pretty unbeatable also. The sport is definatley becoming popular with it being on TV more than ever.

6. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I dont have the $ to buy the PPV event....
    They usually replay it on spike the following monday anyhow, right?

7. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sal, I believe they do eventually show them on SpikeTV, but I'm not sure how soon they replay them. Last night I caught part of the last two fights between Liddell/Couture, I guess to build up to the PPV.

8. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i think that Couture will win but i am really hoping that Chuck Liddell wins, he is down right a mean guy with pure punching power

9. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    "Pitbull" is my favorite fighter right now. I mean that guy hits like a freight train. He is also very good at submissions, we just don't get a chance to see them.

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive watched it from the beginning by renting their ppv's. Great stuff. Liddell if they stay on their feet and Couture if it goes to the ground. If I had to pick Id say Id like to see Liddell win.

Hey how about the Royce Gracie against Matt Hughes fight. Should be awesome. Who would you pick for that one? Ive seen Gracie win some amazing fights and I dont know if Hughes is the same caliber of fighter if Gracie is still in shape.

11. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    I watched it back in the first days...Kent Shamrock, Royce Gracie, Tank Abbot, Keith Hackne?. That was some boring crap compared to the way it is now. I watch it any time i can when its on TV now.

12. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Boring Crap?!?!?!? Don't get me wrong, I do like how the whole industry has evolved to become more mainstream. It would never have reached the popularity level it has today, and probably would have been banned in this country if they had not implemented the rules and regulations that they have today.

Remember the early rules!
    No Biting
    No eye gouging
    No fish hooks.
    No time limit
    Otherwise ANYTHING GOES
    As Big John McCarthy has always said..... "ARE YOU READY" "ARE YOU READY" "LETS GET IT ON"!!!

I like both Chuck and Randy. I have to admit that I would like to see Randy take this one, It will make for some great title fights down the road.

13. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

I popped in the other night while channel surfing and saw the heavyweight fight. Though I am not up to par on all the fighters the boy who won the fight by TKO had a mean right hand that bounced the other boys head on the mat twice before the ref could stop it.
    I watched Tank Abbot a few years back when he was hungry, I guess he's lost his appetite!
    Ken Shamrock used to be, yep used to be!

14. rasimmons

rasimmons Guest

gracie is the man and always will be in my eyes atleast as far as couture and liddel i hope liddel knocks him out in the first round he is a bad bad man

15. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    Yes, there were a lot of times back in the old days when it got boring. There were some fights that went for 45 mins, with 44 of those minutes on the ground. Of that 44 mins, 43:45 of that time was spent looking for the opponent to make a mistake. Sorry, but that did get boring. Nowdays, if they aren't working and getting something done pretty quick, they stand them back up. Thats more fun for me to watch.

16. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Old fights ,New fights either way I have watched from the beggining and love it. You know its a good fight when the bout over and you realize that your tired because of tensing up while watching them fight.:eek: As for this weekends card I dont care who wins as long as it is a good fight. "NOW Lets Get It On"

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I was at Mandalay Bay when Liddell knocked out Tito. It was real crazy. A lot of fights broke out. I had a blast:p

18. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Thanks for the reminder
    You know its funny how quick we forget those fights. You are right about the ground fights there was a pretty bad streak for a bit, very boooorrring. I do like how the fights have evolved to keep the tempo going.

19. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I thought last night the 3rd fight was suppose to take place. well, who won? I have not heard yet.

20. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I love the UFC......I also watched the pay per view......I will also order the next one on March 4th Rich Franklin main event.

They don't replay the pay per views on Spike TV. They just show older fights. The fights from Saturday would most likely not be replayed on cable/satellite until later in the year. The smaller named guys may be sooner, but not the Liddell/couture fight;)

One guy I am not liking on their is Nick Diaz. He can fight, but he runs his mouth about guys not being worthy of being in the UFC and what not then when he fought Diego Sanchez and got his butt beat, he still mouthed about how Diego did not deserve it. Pretty poor sportsman compared to most all of the other guys.

Any of you guys watching the Ultimate fighter? It should be a good one this time around with Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz being the coaches and hating each other.