Ultimate Fight Night Monday 11th!

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by rockbass, Jan 9, 2010.

1. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm sure the UFC fans will know, but just a reminder, the Ultimate Fight Night is on this coming MONDAY. Not the normal night for the UFN's.

Nate Diaz vs Gray Maynard has the makings of a good fight, but for some ODD reason I'm sorta hopin Diaz wins:time-out:

The card lacks the major names as it should for a fight night, but it's MMA. Free fights no matter how many they have time to air is good to me.

2. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    yeah its hard to complain about a free card.but 109,ain't no way i'd spend 45.00 on that card,its a decent card,but in my oppinnion,not a pay-per-view caliber card.
    yeah i think diaz takes this one.i happen to like both of these fighters,but don't think maynard is on the same level as diaz.

3. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I didn't know this! thanks.
    is this on Spike tv?

4. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    yes,it's on spike.

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    The outcome is going to be interesting. Gray Maynard is supposed to be next in line for BJ Penn. Funny too because BJ was Gray's coach on the season of TUF that he was on and Nate Diaz actually won that season...oh how the plot thickens!!! :male-fighter1:

6. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    If Gray stays out of the triangle and rear naked he has a chance to win by decision. He is the better wrestler but Diaz has better BJJ. I hope Gray takes this one I can't stand the Diaz brothers!!!

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Go Nate! :male-fighter1:

8. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well...I dont usually like to trash talk fighters like this but...the Diaz/Maynard fight was BORING! I think that the Escudero fight was the best of the night by far. If Maynard brings that performance in wth BJ, he is going to get put away real quick!

9. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I couldn't agree with you more. The whole time, I'm thinkin come on Diaz take him down......and come on Gray take him down. Instead Gray showed up that he has no chance against BJ, and I think he played it safe since it was sai he would get BJ if he won. Nate said he will prob fight at 170 from now on and maybe fight at 155 here and there. he also apologized saying he fought like crap.

All that said though, it was nice to see someone do to Diaz what he does to everyone else.

10. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think Nate believes that he can box like his brother...he can't. I like him, and hope he goes far, but has ALOT of work to do. Can't win consistanly with BJJ only. Gray Maynard? What can ya say? Boring to say the least. He couldn't finish Diaz...he has ZERO chance with Penn. In fact, he should just not fight BJ because that fight will be boring too. Penn will destroy him in a matter of seconds.

11. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Because of Gray's lackluster performance, Frankie Edgar will now face Penn. Way to screw yourself over Maynard haha

12. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thats too bad for Gray. I think he's a good fighter but I never really understood how he was next in line for the title shot anyhow? I think that Edgar is a much better choice that should have been considered from the start or even Tyson Griffith...