Uglystik lite?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by cj5springbranch, May 11, 2008.

1. cj5springbranch

cj5springbranch New Member

State:
    Texas
    I just bought a uglystik lite 8'6" heavy action what do yall think? good or no good.

2. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Welcom to BOC Myron, I have a 6' lite I use for channel cats. I've had mine for two years now and its held up well, no complaints.

3. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    The uglystick lite rod building process is with an additional layer of graphite and also with cork rather than neoprene handles for a sensetive strong but lighter rod. Ive owned a couple. They dont hold up to heavy daily useage but few rods do.

4. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I have one just like you have. I love it. Ha it for about 4 years. For anything from crappie to bass to cats it works great. It has enough flex to work on small stuff and still enough back bone to bring in nice eater size channels. I really like the extra length when fishing from the bank.
    Enjoy.

5. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Got one too. I use it mostly for fishing off lock walls for walleye, sauger and white bass.

6. cj5springbranch

cj5springbranch New Member

State:
    Texas
    I plan to use it for a bank rod for anything that wants to be caught if big wiskers bites it should be a blast.

7. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I have one purchased as a combo last year it was really the reel that i wanted. Good rod for possibly carp and channel catfishing mine is medium heavy rated version.

8. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i like the lite better than the original ugly stik. i got my buddy a 7 ft casting for his lucille i set him up with, and it works great. i use a 5 ft rod for panfish and trout, and sometimes carp.

9. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I have several Ugly Stik Lite 1107's. They are a good rod. I have landed cats up to 40lbs with no problem...W

10. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    i have an inshore light and i'm confident flathead fishing with it.