Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize people might not be using these for catfishing but I keep a few zebco 33s for the kids to catch bluegill. 1 of the zebcos is going bad and came across these on YouTube somehow. Just wondering if getting one of these might be better then getting another zebco?

·
Registered
Don from Glendale Arizona
4,883 Posts
Never heard of those, but they look interesting. If you're a 33 fan, you might want t have a look at the Zebco Bullett.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought one from Walmart and it was junk right out the box. Had to get my trusty Zebco out for my boy to use.

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
I like the Kastking Brutus so far. Bought one for my wife's Shakespere Durango rod. She loves it so far.

20210503_123956.jpeg
20210503_123943.jpeg
20210503_123934.jpeg
20210503_123922.jpeg
20210503_123906.jpeg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I'll just stick to my zebcos. You guys ever put Lite pound test braid on your spincasters? I put some Lite spider wire on one a few years ago and the casting went to crap. I just don't like how much memory mono has. And the only thing I use mono on is the small zebcos I have. I'm wondering if power pro wound be different?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Is it just me or does anyone else totally dislike the funky bright colors and weird shapes designers are slapping on reels and all sorts of other TOOLS these days.
Make you wonder what they are trying to distract you from looking at? Like maybe the POS internals?

·
Registered
696 Posts
It's so the new generation will buy them...if they don't look "pretty" none of them would ever buy anything associated with work or sweating 😂😂😂

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Is it just me or does anyone else totally dislike the funky bright colors and weird shapes designers are slapping on reels and all sorts of other TOOLS these days.
Make you wonder what they are trying to distract you from looking at? Like maybe the POS internals?
I kinda like all the bright colors. I'm even rebuilding a lot of my favorite rods with neon paints, wraps, and reel seats. My tired old eyes need all of the help I can get seeing my gear at night.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Took a girlfriend to get a rod and reel to go fishing with me. She got one that when she turn's the handle lights flash. May have to dump her!

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Just looked at one of the larger sizes of these at BPS. Man was that thing heavy!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts