Ugly Stik Tiger vs. Quantum Big Cat

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by TxRiverman, Jun 8, 2006.

1. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    With equal actions which one of these rods is going to be better suited for going after big yellows?

2. catfever

catfever Member

State:
    conway,s.c.
    I use a ugly stik tiger, MH action, with penn 310, i really like it, never have used quantum but hear good things about them also. Either should be ok.

3. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    i fished with a quantum big cat rod for years. it was great and had ton of back bone to it.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I would have to say; the Ugly Stck is the better of the two, hands down. They're as different as night and day, JMO!!!

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Have to Agree with J.W. I own them both and Its Ugly Stik Tiger 100% JMO Bigcatman0816.

6. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    I just hope someday I can get something to actually test my Tiger Stick on, I gotta go Tiger Stick all the way, heard some good about the BigCats but from all my experiences with quantum i have put a personal boycot on their crap.

7. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I Have One Of Each & I Like Both,I Just Got The Ugly Tiger But I've Already Fished More W/It Than I Have W/The Big Cat. But Big Cat's Are Really Good Rod's Too, ( In My Opinion ) Especially For The Money. If You're Looking For Another Good Rod, Check Out Jim Moyer's "The Boss" Rod.

8. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    My quantum is a lot stiffer. It is probably the heavy one. If you want to toss full size bluegills and 8oz, it is your rod. If the fish aren't large it is worthless imo.

9. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Definetly the tiger stick, I own 10 tigers and a couple big cats. THe big cats are to much like broom sticks. Especially for flatheads the tiger is the way to go.

10. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I agree on the Tiger rods, I have some with penn reels, a tough combination.

11. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    ok i will get the ugly stik my question is where can i get them is their a web site that sells them

12. catfever

catfever Member

State:
    conway,s.c.
    catfish connection, should have them.

13. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Catfish Connection has never let me down. If you pay with a credit card over the phone, you can get your stuff in close to 3 days. Cash order through the mail is about 5 days. Best place as for delivery of anywhere I have seen.