Ugly Stik for catfish

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by firewall, Jun 5, 2008.

1. firewall

firewall New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Im sticking with ugly stick for sure all i use for any of my poles anymore. Just wanted to know if I should get the 7' white catfish pole, or the original MH 6'6 or 7' black one. Using a baitrunner 4500 reel.

2. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I think that I'd get one of the Bigwater Spinning Rods for a 4500 size reel. The Ugly Catfish would work though, and it's a lot cheaper than the Bigwater rods. I've caught cats up to 20lbs on the one I used to have with no issues.

3. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    There's not enough handle on the shorter rods to suit me, unless it was gonna be a boat rod.

I like the big water spinning eight footer, heavy action.

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've got 2 of the 7' catfish ugly stix ( white ) Medium/heavy and I landed a 47.9 lb Bluecat on it. Love them!!!!!!:big_smile:

5. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    For an openface I use the 8' Uglystick Power rods. They have brought in alot of bigcats. For the price you can't beat them I think there about $25.00

6. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i have 2 7 ft. ugly stik catfish (white) i use those for channel cats. i have 2 med/hvy 7 ft tiger rods. i use them for live bait . i also have 2 medium action tiger rods i like them best of all. if your not in a hurry i would suggest looking at the medium action tiger rods. this is just my opinion because i can't afford lamiglass.

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i use a 7' ugly cat (white) rod. it is awesome for cats. it loads up good for use with circle hooks, but has enough spine to get a big cat away from cover. good choice!

8. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    for the big fish i have a 7ft penn saber medium/hvy and a 9ft mako medium

9. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    I also have one of the 7' ugly cat rods and I love it. I prolly have it under reeled since I only have an abu 6000 on it but it seems to work great for me.

10. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have 2 of the 7" with 6500"s on them and seem to work for me .

11. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I have a 6'6" med action regular Ugly Stik for my Shimano Solstace 4000 spinning reel that works great for channels, and I just got a 7' white m/h catfish version for my new Zebco Hawg Seeker spincast which also seems to be a very fine rod, good backbone for getting the fish out of the weeds. I am planning to get another of the white ones for my Abu 6500 c3 because I like it so much. I really like the med action for the smaller spinning reel though, wouldn't replace it.

12. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    out of those two for just catfishing. the catfish stick! walmart here had them on sale cheep. i got two of the cast ones for $17 a piece.