Ugly Stik Catfish Rod

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catfishing is fun, Aug 22, 2006.

1. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    i am in the market for a new rod, and at walmart i came across a 8ft MH action "UGLY CAT", its just a big white ugly stick, they are 15 dollars a piece is this a good price?

2. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    That sounds like a really good deal. I bought 2 of them from wally world and they were about $30 a piece. Make sure before you buy them they check over good and nothing is wrong with them. Even if there is something wrong I'd buy them any way as Shakespeare has a lifetime waranty. Might be worth it. Can anyone else give some input on this?

3. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    buy them thats a good deal. our walmarts been out of them a while i had 2 1 got stolen along with the new 6000 abu real . i was sick

4. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    good deal grab and run

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Are they Big Game catfish rods are just the catfish ugly stick? IMO they are both good rods but the Big Game rods are not real sensitive in the tip. You can see a bite though. Let me add I have both and like them both. The big game come in handy when hawg hunting.

6. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    You're probably seeing the Berkley Big Game rods, not the Shakespeare Ugly Stick Catfish rods. $15 is a decent price for either one though.

7. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    I don't think there is any way to go wrong for $15.00. Sounds like a really good deal. Either rod is good.

8. uptoolate

uptoolate New Member

State:
    Canyon Lake, Texas
    I've never seen the white ones, but buy them. Buy all you can and sell them for a profit once Wally World is out or keep them around to give away as gifts. Once they aren't on sale anymore people will think you spent money on them.

9. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Yes, That's A Good Price For The White Catfish Ugly Stik. I Gave About $30 For Mine.

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Yes, that's a great price. Yes, that's a great rod. Buy 2 or 3 and don't even think twice. If my Wal Mart had 'em that cheap I'd buy them all. You won't be sorry, match them up with a garcia 6500 and let 'em fly!!!

11. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    man thats a great deal dude better get 2 or 3 at that price, I would prefer the 7' rod over the 8' cuz its a 1 pice rod and if ur getting a real get the 65000c3(make sure you get the 06 mod) yul be casting a long way out with that rig

12. cattinalldayeveryday

cattinalldayeveryday New Member

State:
    chicago
    that rod is awsome!! get it check to make sure its made right its strong and watnot

13. jmfraz

jmfraz New Member

State:
    Houston, Texas
    I love that rod. I have 2 of them in 8 foot and use them every time I fish. At that price, grab as many as you can!!!

14. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I have one of those rods and love it. I paid more then $15 for it. Grab them while you can.:lol:

15. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    Yeah man!! Grab all them 8' rods at $15 if they are the real white Catfish Ugly Stics. I gave $45.00 for the one I have. I think the 7' Catfish Ugly Sticks are usually $27.00 in our Walmart. Even for the Berkley Big Game rod, that's a good price. Snap 'em up!

16. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    $15 is a killer price for that rod. You won't be dissapointed. I'd rather have a one piece but its still a tough rod.

17. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Snag it , thats a great price !!!!

18. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    They are my favorite rods of all, definitely get a few if possible.

19. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    thanks eveybody for the info, i checked again tonight, they are the real ugly cats so i think if i can im gonna grab'em quick

20. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    if it is the 1 piece rod get it they are alot better than the 2 piece, 2 piece may be a good deal at that price but i dont them. alot of people do though