Ugly Stik Catfish Model

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Catman 1964, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    We have a local Sporting goods store that is selling the Ugly Stik Catfish model for $24 is that a good price. Also do they have blank thru the handle construction. They have spinning and casting models. You all take care and God Bless.

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    That is definitely a good price. I have seem them marked as high as 49.99. I'm not sure about the blank through, but I believe that it is. Ugly Stiks are a great value for money. The only way to get a better rod is move way up in the price range.

3. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Yes, I got a Catfish Ugly stick spinning model, 8', and like it alot. that is a good deal.

4. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    That is a great price!!! I wish I could find some at that price! Ugly Stiks are definatly UGLY TOUGH>

Aaron

TA2D

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

WOW WHAT A DEAL! How many do they have? I'd be tempted to buy more than one. They definitely have blank through the handle construction. I say BUY and ENJOY!

6. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    yes they have the combo for sale at walmart i bought one and i have been very happy with it so far would recomend it

7. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Thats a good deal for a darn good rod .
    Brian

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Very good deal for the best catfishing rod there is IMO.

9. Would be a crime not to buy an ugly stick at a price below 30 bucks.

10. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I bought my medium-heavy 8 foot catfish ugly-stick for 32 bucks and I thought that was a good deal. BTW it's my favorite rod right now.

11. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    BUY IT ASAP, they have to be one of the best rods made

12. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Sounds like a good price. Good fishin' Jack.

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those are my favorite rods, I have them in7ft m/h action.

14. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is a great price brother, seen 2 of em in action tonight. They are great rods.

15. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brothers;
    I own two of the Shakespeare Ugly Stiks and in my opinion, they are hard to beat for the money!
    I know that Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops have come out with their own versions of "King Kat, and 'Cat'" rods with their factory names on them but I have not tested any of them.
    Actually, since I decided to get something that was much better than my Ugly Stik's, I contacted Jim Hudson/GATOR and he is building me a Custom Gator Rod!:big_smile:
    HOWEVER!, I still plan on keeping my Ugly Stiks for either Secondary Rods or "Backup" Rods and even though MY GATOR will be my primary serious "BIGGUNN" Rod, I never felt that I was underarmed with my two Ugly Stiks. It's just that now I 'll be carrying a Bigger "Gun" so that when that Old "BIGGUNN" that weighs over 125#'s takes my bait and inhales it, I've got a much better chance of catching his A*S for some GREAT photos and a new State/World Record too! :big_smile:
    If your on a budget, go for those Ugly Stiks, and the "Big Water" Ugly Stiks from Shakespeare. It's the best "Bang for the Buck" going that I know of at this time.
    Hope this helps a bit.
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]

16. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I have several different size and style Uglies and love everyone of them. It would take a special made rod such as the ones Gator makes to be better than an ugly, IMO, but I am on a budget so Uglies is what I will use, I'll just admire some of the rest.

17. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I have three of the Ugly Stick Cats, two in spinning and one in casting. They are my favorite rods. I have them in MH and I love the action. A sensitive tip with plenty of backbone. I gave 28 dollars a piece for mine. That's a real bargain. Vern

18. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    Ugly Stiks will getter done!

125#'s!!! Coyote1, I like the way you think!

19. Whiskers4U

Whiskers4U New Member

State:
    PA
    I think these rods are the best in their price range. Pretty darn good quality and durability for the price. Many of my friends have had their Uglies forever and never had any problems.

20. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I think the ugly stick is a winner to me i have one and like the action better than any other rod i've ever owned.thats not a bad price