Ugly stik 12 foot bigwater rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by KYTRAPPER, Jun 25, 2006.

1. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Im thinking of buying some of the 12 foot ugly stik bigwater rods, x-heavy action with a 6-24 ounce lure rating. Anyone use these? How do you like them?

2. diodeman

diodeman New Member

State:
    Benton Co. Mo.
    I use a 16 foot, 2-piece, heavy action, Ugly Stick spinning rod rigged with an Abu-Garcia 7000C loaded with 100lb. test Power-Pro braided line. This a very heavy pole and your arms better be in good shape. I love mine! Using an 8oz. weight makes 100 yard casts easy. The rugged rod makes fishing in the violent tailrace waters of big dams, no problem. By the way, I took all the brakes out of my A-B 7000C. Biggest fish brought in on that outfit so far was a 113lb, 7'2" alligator gar caught below Truman Dam, Warsw, Mo.
    diodeman

3. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    in my honest opion they are like takeing a 2X4 and placing eyes on them they are stiffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I just bought two 12' Ugly Stick Big water rods heavy action. the butts are like broomsticks, but the tips are as sensitive as my 7 footers. AND, with a 3-5 oz sinker I can get it out to the channel. Love those rods!

5. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    i hope you all keep those weapons available when we have the Chinese hittin our soil...dang you can keep a battalion back with those weapons!

cyas
    rc