Ugly Stick Tiger Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Wabash River Bear, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Going to order one, cant decide what action would be best for river fishin with 30# mono and 2 to 6 oz. sinkers, targeting big blues & flats. Whats your opinion?

Model 2201- 7', med. action, 20 to 50# line, 3/4 to 6 oz. lure/sinker

Model 2202- 7', med/heavy action, 30 to 60# line, 3/4 to 8 oz. lure/sinker

I was leaning toward the 2201 med. action, but was not sure if it was too light for 40 or 50# fish. Its hard to buy rods over the internet, cant double it over and whip it around in the store and get a feel for it. LOL

Thanks

2. BROWNING7MMMAG

BROWNING7MMMAG New Member

State:
    VIRGINIA
    WOULD DEFINETLY GET THE MEDIUM I HAVE THE MEDIUM HEAVYS AND WISH I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE MEDIUM.

3. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I use med/heavys i like them alot.

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I have one medium and 3 med/hvy and I much prefer the med/hvy action but I mostly fish the river. I still prefer the same for lakes too though. Good rods regardless, esp for the price!

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I strongly reccomend the medium action...I had two of the medium heavys and the tip was just to stiff for my likeing...Now I have the mediums and think they are perfect.

6. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm pretty satisfied with my 2 med./hvy tigers. However, I've never really used a medium action Tiger to compare! One of the better rods out there for the money, just wish they made em in white like the catfish series!

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    IVE HAD BOTH ,THE MED HEAVY HAS MORE TIP ACTION , BUT I WOULD GO WITH THE HEAVY IF USING 6 OZ SINKERS :wink: