Ugly stick tiger rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by reelking92, Sep 1, 2007.

1. reelking92

reelking92 New Member

State:
    MI
    going to cabelas in a few days and was considering buying two ugly stick tiger rods. Heard lots of good things about them but are they worth the higher price?

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I own 2 myself and think they are very good quality rods and was well spent money. No complaints so far

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I own 6 and cannot think of any reason to use anything else. However, they may not be right for you. It all depends on what size fish you target and what size could you catch where you fish. If you are never going to catch anything over, lets say 30 lb's for instance, other more cheaper rods could serve you well.

4. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I have 3 Tiger rods and they are the best,toughest rods available for the money and are better than most that are more expensive. There is nothing in their price range that compares. JMHO

Cheez

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Got 2 myself, very nice rods.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You will love the Tiger Rods. Excellent quality and well worth the extra bucks. It's the rod that lands the fish the reel just takes care of the line. If taken care off the rods should last for a long time. Good luck on your choice.:big_smile:

7. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I own 8 tiger rods and you won't go wrong with them for the money if you're going after medium to really large fish, just match the reel to the rods.

8. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    just got one at cabelas saturday nice rod .i got the med hvy pretty stout rod

9. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I agree, they are a great rod!!! .. But if your chasing channels or smallish fish, you'd be better off with something else imho.. Not much of fight with anything less than 10 lbs...

10. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    mine is med hvy i dont think they make a hvy .id like to see one if they did

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have several Med & Med-Heavy. They are great rods, I will back everyone up on that, however............. in my opinon (others on here will attest to this too) Berkley Big Game line will cut grooves in the tips of the rods. For some reason Shakespeare doesn't put the inserts in the tips of Tiger's. at first when Flathunter told me this, I thought he was nuts, until I experienced it myself. I have since had all my Tigers tips replaced.

For the extra money ($5.00 more) I would go w/ the Shakespeare Ugly Stick Customs, as they have (in my opnion) a little better action and they have the inserts in the tip.

You still made a great buy in the Tiger rod!

12. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Are the guides that bad? I've got 2 that I love (a Tiger Medium action took the blue in my avatar). I run braid and I'm afraid if mono will cut them braid will eat them up. Haven't noticed it yet, though. Thanks for the info!

Branden