Ugly Stick Tiger Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Catfish_John1979, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Catfish_John1979

Catfish_John1979 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio, U
    Hey guys... i just got all my tackle out to service etc... and when i restrung and ret set all my drag and spool tension.. i noticed a creaking/crackling coming from abou a foot from the tip of the rod.. on both rods... i inspected and there is no visible damage... any suggestions or is that normal>????

Catfish John

2. Catfish_John1979

State:
    Dayton, Ohio, U
    Has anyone had the previous experience??

3. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    sounds like static has been built up from lean in th corner all winter:lol: :tounge_out:

4. Catfish_John1979

State:
    Dayton, Ohio, U
    Is that something that happens alot.. never experienced it before with any of my rods?
    Thanks

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    It could of always been there. You just might not be using it enough to brake in the epoxy used on the rod. He's pulling your leg with the static dude.

6. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo

hahahahaha:lol:

I was wonderin if someone was gonna say something.

7. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    its normal for any rod to make some noise, it should be ok unless it makes a really loud noise and breaks in half. But since its an ugly stick you shouldn't have a problem.

8. robbor

robbor New Member

State:
    Ca
    I had one shimano ocean rod that did this after about 6 months. I did the q-tip test on all my guides cleaned and armoralled the rod. The noise was still there and my guess was the rod was somehow split somewhere possible from the inside working out. I sent the rod back and it was replaced. Not related, but when looking at new HD rods I like to bend them and I have notices some rods like the tiger rods creak alot when new but that was not the noise my rod was making.