Ugly Stick Tiger rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by catchinghogs, Jul 23, 2006.

1. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Was thinking of getting one of these rods what is the difference between the tiger lite and the regular tiger?

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    The tiger lite is less filling, LOL!!!:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Na, I think the regular one is a beefyer rod made for draggin those big flatheads away from their desired heading!!!

3. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    according to my pokin around the lite series is just a toned down version of the regular tiger kinda like the tiger cub. so to speak. they are rated for a little less weight and smaller line. but not by much

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    The difference could be the action rating. I own 2 medium heavy action Ugly Stik Tigers.

5. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I agree with Wolfman, I also own 2 medium heavy tiger rods and I think the only difference would be in the action.

6. KatKaller

KatKaller New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I own a MH also, but was told that the Tiger Lite is a equal to one lesser size of the original. I.E. a MH Tiger Lite is equal to a M Tiger.

I absolutely love my MH, I haven't reeled in anything big yet with it, but did manage to catch a 30lb blue on it and it performed great. It is very sensitive for such a big rod and makes an excellent drifting rod IMHO.

7. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Thats not big? :lol:

I think the difference between them is like other people said, their action is less than the regular ones. I am not sure if it is just the actual action (how much it bends), or the power of the rod (line weight rating), but something is a little different with them, that is for sure.

8. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    The difference between the two rods is the tiger lite has more graphite than the reg. tiger. A heavy action tiger lite is about equal to a med action tiger.

9. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    DANGIT AARON ! i thunk i was gonna git to say that . aaron is absolutely right.:cool2:

10. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    I have two of the original tiger rods and I would't take nothing for thim

11. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    They are triple-built rods (graphite then Eglass and then graphite again), using the Howald process. The regular tiger is double built. And, to the best of my understanding, this consists of placing an outer layer of E-glass over a graphite core. The Tiger lite has more graphite added to it, to give it a lighter weight and a smaller diameter and more sensitivity. It also has a cork tape handle instead of the EVA foam on the regular Tigers.

I have a Tiger Lite in the casting version and so far have been really impressed with it. Although, I have not caught any big fish on it. Only a small, pound and a half channel cat. But, it is certainly a light and sensitive rod and just feels good in the hand and on the cast.

12. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've bought both the reagular tiger and the tiger lite the lite is considerably lighter action rod than the reagular

Attached Files: