Ugly stick tiger price!

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Fishermancat1, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Fishermancat1

Fishermancat1 Member

State:
    Cobb Co. Georgia
    At Bass Pro they cost 55-59 bucks. In all 60 freakin bucks. Is that the correct price or could i find those cheaper somewhere else?:choler:

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Really that is not a bad price for a great rod that will last a lifetime..I have not seen them cheaper.

3. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    I got mine at Cabelas for 59.99,yes its a little pricey,but worth every penny IMO.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Best rod for the Money. I have a buddy that has had one as long as I can remember and has not had a bit of trouble with it.

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Im looking at these rods also and appreciate the feedback, Ill be putting it to good use!

Salmonid

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    You won't be dissapointed Gerat Rod for thp price. Have two going to buy two more cause Flathead has more than Me. LOL J.D.Straka AKA Bigcatman0816.

7. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    John, I believe Catfish Connection has them for around $54. I have also learned that Academy sports is having a rod sale this week through Sunday if you have one near you. They carry the Ugly Stick Tiger rods at my local store and can get one for around $40 ON SALE! I just might get 2 of them!

8. blazemob

blazemob New Member

State:
    new york
    i jus purchased one of these poles last nite it was 55.00 at bps it is well worth the money i also bout a cat max real to go on it but all in all i love this pole

9. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks for the post, and all the input. I too have been looking at the Ugly Stick Tiger rods. I think I'll try a pair. Take real good care, Jack. :smile2:

10. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I have an 8' Uglystick Catfish MH rod, and just love it. Can anybody tell me the advantage of the Tiger? I am gonna have to buy more rods now that Boog is fishin'!

11. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    All the tiger rods that I've looked at are around or in the $50.00 range. I have two of them in medium heavy with Penn reels and I don't think you can find a better rod for the money anywhere.

12. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    I dont know what part of georgia your from but if it is near the upstate of SC there is a man at the Jockey Lot (flea Market) in Anderson, SC that sells ugly sticks for $10 a piece. Usually they have a tip replaced on them but they are still great rods. Took me a couple of trips there to find all I need because he has different stock weekly. He has a big selection though.
    Stephen

13. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I keep hearing everyone say that the Ugly Stik Tiger is a good rod for the money. I believe they are as good a rod as you would ever need for any price.
    Sure you can pay more and I am one who lives by the "get what you pay for motto". If you took identical actions and lengths and compared the Tiger to any other rod I don't believe you could justify more money difference.
    They are just good rods. JMHO

whatever it takes

Cheez

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have 3 ugly stik tigers, and they are the best rods I have ever used..I have to medium, heavys and a medium ation..I like the medium action for most fish conditions, the medium heavys are really heavy action rods in my opnion, and are very stif in the tip section..My second favorite rod is the ugly stik catfish rod.

15. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    i think they are the best rods for drifting that i have used,my second favorite rod is the ugley stik striper rod for live bait

16. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thanks for the advice folks ( Jack) I just picked up 1 at Bass Pro, and I only did it since I had a Gift card so it worked hardly costing me anything at all, the cost was 54.99 and if it ever has the pleasure of reeling in a Big Flattie or Blue, Ill be sure to let you guys know how it works....:roll_eyes:
    I agree it is a quality rod and even at 55 bucks is probably the cheapest rod in the house so I didnt bat an eye at spending that.

Tight Lines,
    Salmonid

17. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    You won't be disappointed! Great rod!

18. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I love to spend them gift cards. A person can get exactly what they want and it will always fit.
    Matt, that Tiger rod will be around for your grandkids to use.
    No doubt in my mind they are heirloom quality.

whatever it takes

Cheez

19. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    They have a great live bait action to them it has quite a limber tip and plenty of meat in the rear for a rod that looks like a cross between a bull whip and a two by four a love them and swear by them fishin mine for two years every weekend without the slightest hickup. tight lines:lol:

20. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I found them locally for 48$ at a store in Trussville Alabama.