ugly stick tiger on tv

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by msucatfish, May 22, 2009.

1. msucatfish

msucatfish New Member

State:
    mississippi
    Anybody watch oneill outside? i saw one this morning where he was catching sailfish using light tackle. I believe the reel was a pfleuger dont remember which one. But he was using an ugly stick tiger rod.:big_smile: He landed a 100+ lb sailfish with it and only using 20 lb mono. I almost wanted to go get my tiger rod and sit with it while watching was definitely neat to see one be featured on a fishing show. I thought since alot of people on here besides me have one you might want to watch the show and see it handle that type of fish. Gave me alot of confidence in the thing to handle the really big ones, not that I catch any, but hey its nice to know my rod can handle them.

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have always considered this fishing rod to be the "marker" for a new rod to beat to even be worthwhile to sell long term on the market.

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I got one of these rods fairly cheap, awesome performance.

4. msucatfish

msucatfish New Member

State:
    mississippi
    I got mine at academy sports for 55 or 60 I cant exactly remember, I'm trying to find the video of the show but no luck so far

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

There,s a lot of times you,ll never have too much rod.If your thinking big fish,think equipment to handle it.There is no such thing as overkill some days!:eek:oooh:

6. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    so far the biggest fis i have caught on one of my tiger rods is a 25 pound blue and it handled it great i have recommended these rods to all my buddies that fish for big fish and a few of them have switched to them and they have nothing but good things to say about them

7. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I don't know if there are any rods out there right now that are even somewhat reasonably priced that can beat out a Tiger Stik...LOVE IT!

8. groundsquirrel

groundsquirrel New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yeah the Tiger rod is a favorite of mine. Put together well, and not over priced.

9. Crucial

Crucial New Member

State:
    Virginia Beach VA
    In reality, this shows not so much what the rod is capable of but what an experienced fisherman is capable of.

Take a look at this article on the Abu Garcia Web site, where a +70Lb Sailfish was landed with a little Revo reel and #10lb Fireline.
    http://www.abu-garcia.com/community_news_article.php?id=1714&o=8

When you match your components well, and know how to use what you have to it's full potential, you can land some incredible fish on very light, common tackle.

10. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Ive got three tiger rods and and very satisfied with em:wink:

11. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    I am a firm believer that these rods are a standard by which others are judged .