Ugly Stick Tiger Lite

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Jimmy Don, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I know many of you sing the praises of the Ugly Stick Tiger,but I was wondering if anyone has used the "Ugly Stick Tiger Lite". In particular the heavy action model. How does it stack up against the full size model? How is the tip action on the heavy action Model?

I have a red Abu 7000 that I am planning on mounting on it with 40 lb. Berkley Big game. I thought it would be a good match.

Please let me know what you think of this rod. I'm thinking of getting one next week if I get good reviews.

2. musky76

musky76 New Member

State:
    il
    i only use ugly stick rods they are for trolling for salmon i love them very very sensitive and strong ive never broke one yet and caught many 50 pound fish on them i highly reccomend them and there funner to fight a big fish on

3. Ohio Trophy Hunter

Ohio Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    can't seem to locate any tiger lites around here, but i did notice they are rated considerably lighter in the lure weights reccomended.
    i just picked up a 7' medium action tiger this year and can honestly say it's my most accurate casting cat rod! and i thought i just needed practice!
    either one you choose, just match the weight of your terminal tackle accordingly and you'll be very pleased!

Eric B