Ugly Stick Tiger Lite?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by TxRiverman, Jun 1, 2006.

1. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    I am thinking about getting the 7' heavy action Ugly Stick Tiger Lite. Ive got a Ugly Stick Catfish and have no complaints about it,but Im looking for a rod that can handle a bit more weight and have decided on the Ugly Stick Tiger Lite. What do you guys think about this rod?

2. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    I didnt know there was a tiger lite. i have the regular tiger stick and an ugly stick lite. both rods are the toughest rods in their respectable classes i have ever had the pleasure of handling, if its ugly stick, especially a tiger stick, you cant possible go wrong with it

3. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I have one that has only been out a few times, but on it's first outing I managed to snag a 58# Spoonbill in the tale (see my avatar) and the rod performed flawless and I actually felt in control. The first 5 times I got that fish beside the boat she would take off an go under the boat and spool out 50 yards of line. I had that Tiger Light bent in half with the tip in the water and pointing behind me, yet I still felt in control and the rod had more to give.

I'm sold and plan on getting a few more.

4. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    Thanks Alot.I went ahead and ordered one from Cabelas.

5. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I saw the Tiger Lite rods in a catalog and thought they looked good. Personally, the Tiger rods are a bit heavy for the way I fish, but I was thinking about going just a bit heavier. The tiger rods also seem to have pretty soft tips, hows the Tiger Light's tip?

6. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN