Ugly stick question

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by fisherdude14, Jul 23, 2007.

1. fisherdude14

fisherdude14 New Member

State:
    illinois
    how many of u guys have an 1 or 2 peice ugly stick catfish rod

2. CATFISH1998

CATFISH1998 New Member

State:
    Westerville,Ohio
    I have a one peseI think it is a 7' . I love it .The only thing is when I us the wifes CRV the thing will not fit.

3. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I've got one with a Abu 6000... I like it pretty good.

4. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Sorry... mine's a one piece 7' MH action...

Dave

5. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    I have two of the one piece ugly stick catfish rods. On one is an abu 6000 and on the other is an Abu 6500. I like them very well so far. I have not tangled with a big cat with them yet so I can't say how they will perform when the real pressure is on.

6. cataholic

cataholic New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have 2 one peice 7 ft medium/heavy action and 2 six foot two peice medium action

7. catfishsolich

catfishsolich New Member

State:
    kentucky,metcalfe county
    I have three 2 piece rods theyve outlasted several other brands. all I plan to buy are ugly sticks from now on.

8. fisherdude14

fisherdude14 New Member

State:
    illinois
  9. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I've got another 6000 that I'm gonna put on another UglyStik catfish rod. I plan on getting a 6500 and doin the same thing with it.

So the 2 piece Ugly Stiks hold up pretty good too? I've been thinking about trying them also.

10. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I'd say just get the Ugly Stik Catfish rod and put an Abu 6000 on it... or a 6500, but they cost more than the 6000...

11. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    I had a 2 piece and returned it for the 1 piece both 7ft. MH power , i personally feel more confident with the 1 piece rods . As far as reels i use a penn 9 but do own a abu 6000c that balances quite nicely also , any reel in the 13-15 oz, range semms to balance nicely with that particular model ugly cat , and again the penn 9 is just my preferance .

12. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I prefer the one piece rods, myself. Am going to buy a Jeep Cherokee from my nephew before long and will be able to get to more isolated areas better than my pickup. Bad thing is the Jeep doesn't lend itself to 7' rods very easily so was thinking about getting a few 2 pc rods to carry around in it. if I can find some good ones, that is.

13. catman37

catman37 New Member

State:
    ohio
    if your jeep cheroke has a luggage rack on top of it as most of them do you might be able to bungie your rod to it.i used to do that when i had a chevy blazer.

14. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I carry 8ft one piece rods in my Jeep Cherokee wth no trouble.

15. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    I have 8 ft in both the one and two piece versions. I catch more big trees than I do big fish but with 65lb Power pro you can horse a 24 ft pontoon around with a ugly stick of either type. I would probably go with the one piece if you don't need the take down feature. I sometimes need that with the 8 ft rod if i want to stow it crossways in the motor home. I really like the 8 ft MH version the best.

16. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I have 2 of the two peice MH Action ugly stik rods my dog chewed one in half and they replaced it for free. good rods i`ve been using ugly stik brand since i was a lil grasshopper.

17. mr.catman

mr.catman New Member

State:
    ohio
    have used ulgy sticks for years. have cought a number of 9-10 lb cats with my 7 ft med 2 piece rod. bought a new 7 ft 2 piece med ulgy stick lite this summer and have landed catfish, pickerl, perch, and my largest large mouth bass with it. it feels light and has a strong back and is real nice to handle. will be buying more ulgy stick lites.:big_smile:

18. mr.catman

mr.catman New Member

State:
    ohio
    oh yea, i use mostly spinning rods, and the ugly stick lites are only $39.99 .

19. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I use both one and 2 piece uglystik rods. When I fish out of my boat I use one piece rods. Space is not a problem in the boat. However, If I'm just going to fish for a little while from the bank I have 2 piece rods to use because they fit in my small car.

20. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I say, "Do what you wanna do"....My advice, however, is a tiger lite one piece with an Abu 6500iC3....Like other's, I have more confidence in one peice rods, but own several two peice that's never gave me any problems.....Dwight