Ugly Stick Intercostal Rod?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jdstraka, Aug 14, 2006.

1. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Folks. I was just wondering if anyone has ever used the ugly stick intercostal rod? I have one and it is the spinning rod version I just Love it and I bought it several years ago I think it was at Wal-Mart for around $50 dollars and use it for my drift fishing for channels. It has a real lite tip and Super backbone and is 6 1/2 Ft.long I have looked all around for another one with no luck. Man I'd shure Love to have another one! Any help would be apreciated. And also if you have one and want to sell it let me know as I will be Glad to Pay your asking price. J.D.Straka :big_smile:

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've seen those rods, John, and they look pretty good. Should be good for drifting with the soft tip, too. Let us know how you like it after a couple of trips. My grandson, Bigboy, broke one of his rods saturday, and he's in the market for another one. That just might be a good choice for him.

3. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    ya nice rods got one myself with a abu 6501c3 on it . was at wallmart the other day and they had a mess of them, spining and bait casters but thats here in riverside ca, thing about wall mart they never have the same stuff from one store to another (as far as fishing goes), was looking for a ugly tiger and went to one store and they said we dont cary them but went another 25m away and had no problem. Talk to someone at your store and see if they cant bring one in to the store 4 u I know they have them in there system, think wallmart u can order things online and have it sent to the store also

4. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey John Iv got one and I love it.Iv got a Shamono 6500 Baitrunner on it. it is one of the best Iv ever had....

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    John I saw them in brownsville tex acouple yrs ago i put it back on the shelf been kicking myself ever sense:0a19:

6. Wildchilde01

Wildchilde01 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I had 2 but they got stolt from me:eek:oooh:. Worked great in saltwater prolly be a dang good cat rod too! Wish I could find another 4 or 5 myself

7. davidcarolina

davidcarolina New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    John I live near Columbia S.C. and once a year Shakespeare has a yard sale at the fairgrounds.About 4 years ago I went to the sale and they had 55 gal. barrels of asst. rods. I bought 4 of the 7'6 intercoastal casting rods because they looked so good. Very nice cork handles lots of eyes. They have been excellent. But I have not seen them for sale anywhere since. Back then they were in the cabelas saltwater catalog, but not since. GOOD LUCK in your search they are great rods.

8. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have seen a few at the Wal-Mart near my house, and a few also at the Dicks Sporting Goods down the road from the Wal-Mart. Too bad I have too many rods (according to my parents :sad2: )