Ugly Stick Glowing Eyelets

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Dmcsa1201, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Has anyone bought the ugly stick cat rod that has the glow in the dark eyelets? I believe it is a one piece. Just wondering how good it was?

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    any ugly stik is a good rod especially for the price.

3. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Yea thats pretty much all i use is ugly sticks:wink:. I love the feel and action.:big_smile: But i was looking at the berkley's and so on at the tackle shop and i happen to see an ugly with glowing eyelets. Just wondering how well they actually work as a difference in using glow sticks or the berkley glowstick rod it self.

4. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I've got a few of those rods. Never use themat night,but I assume they glow. As far as the rod,I love them. Really tough and great price.

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    well i dont have a berkley glowstick nor do i use glow sticks but i do have several ugly stik catfish. berkleys rods use leds as well as glow in the dark cemicals throughout the blank, glow sticks produce there own light, the uglys just have the glow in the dark eyes. to get the most out of the glow in the dark eyes or rod you need a uv lite source to charge them properly ie. blacklite. i think i tested the eyes and got like a min brite glow and maybe 5 total with a flashlite with a blacklite i think it glowed for 30min or better id have to retest to be shure. the cat stick as a rod is a great all around rod for the price esp if you catch them cheep at wallmart clearance. i think ive bought them for as little as $17.

6. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Thanks. I kinda figured that they wouldnt stay lit for a long amount of time. I believe it was a cat combo with a baitcast w/clicker for like 60bucks. Def a good price but wasnt sure of the glowing part. Thanks for the feedback so far guys. It is well appreciated.