Ugly Stick Cat Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by HARVRAD2003, Mar 18, 2006.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Would the white Ugly Stick Cat Rods mate up good with a 7000c3 or Penn 320, BASS PRO has them for under 30.00 with line rating up to 30 lb. Thought about getting a few to match up with either the ambassadeur or penn reel with 100 lb. power pro. I was wanting them to fish in the Mississippi here in Illinois. I've heard alot of good things about these rods, just didn't know if any of ya all have used them with such a large reel and hauled in any big cats with them. Would like to get 2 TIGERS but don't have the cash at hand but I figure I can get 2 of the cat rods for 1 TIGER.

2. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    :cool: I may be wrong but I think that rod is better suited for channel cats. If I had one I would probably throw a 6500 series abu on one. Just my opinion. Great rods though.

3. balddaddy91

balddaddy91 New Member

State:
    East Liverpool,Oh
    Ihave 3 ugly stik catfish rods 2- are open face 1- bait caster adu 6000 they have proformed great the last 2 years i have used them i highly recomened them:0a18:

4. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I do have a 6000 and a 6500c3 that I just got out of the shop I guess that would make a good dual. I'm thinking on putting maybe 40 or 50 lb. power pro on them. I guess the reason why I was wanting to put either my 7000's or 320's on them is I really don't want to hurt my TIGER Rods with 100 pound power pro. But I've heard so much about how Power Pro no longer injures the rods that I might as well take the plunge. I'll recieve my 500 yds. of 100 Power Pro mid next week can hardly wait, instead of my TIGERS may use my Power Stick and my Power Plus Rods--they are both heavy action rods.