Ugly stick big water rods 10 foot or 12

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by ohio catfisherman, May 15, 2007.

1. ohio catfisherman

ohio catfisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i do a lot of bank fishing and i currently use ugly stick tiger rods and ugly stick catfish rods all my rods are 7 foot and are paired up with 6500 and 7000 ive personally never casted a rod above 7 foot but i do want a couple of longer rods so i can get a further cast all i will buy is ugly sticks thats what i like and what im sticking with so i was wondering if anyone has used the 10 foot big water casting rod or the 12 and if i should go with the 10 or will the 12 be better being another 2 foot thanks

2. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    all my rods are 9 or 10 foot but i have to say i fish more with the 9 footers the anything. long rods are ok but the one thing you have to rember is on the river there seems to always be something over your head unless your on a boat. so the longer rod some times is more trouble then it's worth..just my 2 cents

3. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Like Wish said. Long rods can get you into trees you do expect.

I have the 10 ft big water ugly and like it. I dont use it as much as I would have thought. I still like my 8 ft rods better. It can cast a little further. It would be way to much rod on a boat. If you do by one. Go somewhere you can check them out personaly. The 12 fter will seem like a telephone pole.
    Hope this helps.

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I have the 12, and it's a real broomstick.

If you aren't fishing really large baits and heavy sinkers, you won't be happy with it.

Not Uglies, but those Cabelas Predators are awesome...11', I think.