Ugly Custom or Ugly Tiger?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by s_man, Feb 19, 2006.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Is there a noticable difference? I need two new rods. I have two E-cat #4s and love them like my wife. LOL, Soft yet strong. I just read in my latest In-fisherman that doug caught that 9ft Gator Gar with an ugly custom rod. I was wondering if anyone knows if they have fast tips. Do the tigers have fast tips. I fish live-baits and I need that soft tip for casting and monoriting. And the backbone to handle 80lb line 2lb to 3lb bait and 5oz of lead. Plus an 80 lb flathead. Any help guys would be appreciated.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the ugly stik tiger in medium action would be a great rod for what you are wanting, it has a soft tip but with a huge ammount of back bone...The medium heavy ugly stik tiger has a very very stiff tip.

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Flathunter, Do they come as one piece rods? Are all ugly's eva-foam, or can I get cork? I've had 4 ugly bass/bait poles for 15 years and never had a problem with any of them.

4. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have a ugly tiger its plenty pole. I like the customs they have a more fast-action tip. I dont know where to get a custom. Cabelas use to have them I dont know if they still have them. If you have the money the custom is probably the better way to go.

5. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The Tiger Rod is more stiff. I have the 1 piece MH, the M is probably be a little better.A medium action aint gonna break (Ugly Sticks are almost unbreakable.On Big Cat Safari (In-Fishermen) they are fishing those big south america cats and using tigers and custom boatrods. The bigwater boatrods are supposed to be about as big and strong as the others.