Ugly braid?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by dcconrad, Jul 15, 2007.

1. dcconrad

dcconrad New Member

State:
    ohio fairfield county
    i was just wondering if anyone has tried out the the new ugly braid and what they think of it.

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I bought some 85# Ugly Braid on clearance at Cabela's awhile back. So far, so good. Seems to be holding up OK and casts, ties, and everything else as good as PowerPro. Real test will be when I hook into a decent fish with that reel, though. Good Luck!

Branden

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I haven't tried it but a couple of guys in my bass club said they didn't like it as much as some of the other stuff they've tried. I personally really like my Suffix braid, but I've only used it bass fishing so I don't know how it would do catfishing.

4. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    i bought some 30 and yeah it was strong when it came to pulling power put it was a different storie when it came to knot strentgh or if something in my boat laid down on it like another reel it would just break so i just through the rest of it away :angry:
    better luck to you

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I finally put mine to the test on a flathead out of the MO river Sunday night that would go between 40 and 50 pounds. Forgot my scales, but link to pic is attached. 80# Ugly Braid and it took that fish no problem. Good Luck!

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56396

Branden