Ugly Braid Fishing Line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by catfishing is fun, Jan 22, 2007.

1. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
  2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I haven't seen or used any . But should be OK, If the price is comparable to other braids.

3. catfishing is fun

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    if its as good as the ugly sticks, itll be on top of the sales boards, but i cant find any

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Think I'd let others try it out first. There are lots of good braid lines out there to select from. I don't have money to burn, so tend to stick with things that have a track record.

5. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    and how did those lines get a good track record? people tried em and found they worked well...so find a cheap spool of it (like 150 yards at wally world or somting) be out the ten bucks(im guessing on price) and see if its worth it. if its not oh well it was just ten bucks and go back to using what ever braid you like.

6. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    spoken like a guy that has a lot of money to burn LOL J/K ......

I look at it like this I have tryed braided lines its good to a point but getting snaged on athat log on the bottom isn't fun hauling in so i just stick to the mono. now its great for BASS fishing in thick lilly pads.

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have heard of the line but never have try it, but thats because I hate braided line lol.

8. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have never tried this brand. Sorry I can't help.

9. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
  10. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Order some online and try it that is the only way you will know for yourself 100%. Myself I would never use braid, I guess Im just a lil partial to my mono.

Wheelmobile07

11. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    For some products, yes, but some of their reels suck big time. There are other lines out there with proven records.

12. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    By letting other do the testing, you aren't out that ten bucks if it isn't any good. I've not seen braid, even at Wally World, for as little as ten bucks, Iexpect the Ugly stuff to be priced the same as the others and, if less expensive, only slightly.

13. catfishing is fun

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    i looked at cabelas website, and it was 29 to 39 dollars for 300 yrds, also i have never used braid either, but i want to try some, so thats why i asked if this was any good