UFC in chicago?

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by FREESPOOL, Aug 6, 2008.

1. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    That's right. UFC 90 will take place in Chicago. The Spider vs. the Sandman. I'm saving my pennies. (better make that dollars) Tickets go on sale on my birthday. August 18th!!! I'm hoping to make make another UFC fight. I've been waiting for the UFC to make it to Illinois. Wish me luck!!! This time, I need to be a bit closer though. :smile2:

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    well good Luck DanO', Then they will be down in STL.... after word, LOL :tounge_out: Where at up that way?

3. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Thanks. It's at the Allstate Arena . Wherever that might be. :smile2: If they come to St.Louis.... I"m gonna have to be front row. Guess I'll just have to stick it on the credit card. :tounge_out:

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Hmmm, I think that used to be the rosemont something or other ??? horizion cnter maybe, been a while since I was up that way running around

5. Jenni Belle

Jenni Belle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I hope you are a Silva fan. I am going to set my phone on speed dial on the 18th. Tickets is a must for me! :tounge_out:

6. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Oh, ya... Definitely a Silva fan. Hopefully the card is stacked with a few other good fighters. Otherwise, it could be short night!

7. Jenni Belle

Jenni Belle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I hope so. I would hate to spend money on tickets and only be there 30 minutes!

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    A buddy of mine told me that he attended an event in Vegas. He says that he would have rather watched it from home because he could not see that good with folks standing in the way and all...he says that if he did it again, he would do the after parties to make it worth his while and that he's really glad that he did'nt take his kid...guess you gotta pay for the $4,000.00 seats to really enjoy the show:eek:oooh:.

9. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Yeah, we went to UFC 67 I believe. It was in Ohio, the Randy Couture/ Tim Silvia fight.
    If you want to actually WATCH the fight, the couch and the big screen is by far your best view.
    But the atmosphere, and meeting all the fighters was well worth it. We attended the weigh-in the day before. I got autographs and photos with all kinds of fighters.
    From our seat, you could see Mark Hughes (matt hughes brother) watching Matt's fight, sitting ringside. And he was even looking back at the big screen to see parts of the fight. :smile2:
    We had an absolute blast though.
    And I'm sure like last time.... We'll end up renting the fight on PPV to watch in detail. LMAO

10. Jenni Belle

Jenni Belle New Member

State:
    Illinois

Exactly! Who has $4k to blow? I'd rather be at home drinking beer watching the fight but like you said meeting the fighters is great. Me and my roommates bought a big screen a few months ago so I am looking forward to having a big fight party! :cool2:

11. Jenni Belle

Jenni Belle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I also went to that fight. Was it me or was it unusually packed with hoosiers? I mean, I know those events really draws them in but I caught a guy peeing right on the sidewalk. He didn't even care who was around. To me, it's funny - but c'mon! :smile2:

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck on the tickets. I hope you are close enough to actually see the fight