Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
If you're talking about the Silva/Henderson fight, I think that it should be a good one. Most folks are writing Silva off because Dan has that serious knock out power...Silva is a great striker though. It should be pretty good!

Im holding out the Penn/Sherk fight though...I dont know when it is supposed to happen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea The silva fight should be good i also want to see joe finch fight. I think silva is a good fighter, he has good hands its just henderson has the knock out power so i really dont know.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
yea The silva fight should be good i also want to see joe finch fight. I think silva is a good fighter, he has good hands its just henderson has the knock out power so i really dont know.
my thoughts exactly. I can never really count Silva out. he can manage to pull some moves out of no where. he has some really good stiking and submission skills. but Dan has fought and beaten bigger and stronger guys. He stood toe to toe with Wanderlei and knocked him out over in Pride...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea true i think were on the same page. the good thing for silva is he really doesnt stand toe to toe. he is the kind of fighter that likes to pik people apart. i like silva for that and the reasons you posted and hope he wins. He is really good at findin a way to beat guys, which i like. BUT the fact of hendesons power and persistance still worries me.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Silva has very good hands, he hits with speed and is very accurate which makes him a very dangerous opponent.Both men have ground skills, this should be a great fight.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I read an article claiming that Henderson along with a few other UFC fighters actually wants out of the UFC. He says that he is going to finish his contract and take off to another league. I dont know which one. There is rumor that the guys who created Pride are getting back together and calling it something else.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats crazy i wonder why they want out if that is true. I think ufc has the best fighters and maybe thats why they want out cause they think they have more of a chance of bein a top fighter.

·
Registered
184 Posts
As bas as I wanted Dan Henderson to win, I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that he wasnt going to. The best fight of the night was Leben and Sakara, but Herring and Kongo was a pretty good one too.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.