UFC fights

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by thebig1, Feb 24, 2008.

1. thebig1

thebig1 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Just want to know what everybody thinks of the up and comin UFC fight.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    whos going at it? i usually get the good ones. didnt get the last penn but the liddel rampage and liddel silvia were musts.

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    If you're talking about the Silva/Henderson fight, I think that it should be a good one. Most folks are writing Silva off because Dan has that serious knock out power...Silva is a great striker though. It should be pretty good!

Im holding out the Penn/Sherk fight though...I dont know when it is supposed to happen.

4. thebig1

thebig1 New Member

State:
    kansas
    yea The silva fight should be good i also want to see joe finch fight. I think silva is a good fighter, he has good hands its just henderson has the knock out power so i really dont know.

5. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    my thoughts exactly. I can never really count Silva out. he can manage to pull some moves out of no where. he has some really good stiking and submission skills. but Dan has fought and beaten bigger and stronger guys. He stood toe to toe with Wanderlei and knocked him out over in Pride...

6. thebig1

thebig1 New Member

State:
    kansas
    yea true i think were on the same page. the good thing for silva is he really doesnt stand toe to toe. he is the kind of fighter that likes to pik people apart. i like silva for that and the reasons you posted and hope he wins. He is really good at findin a way to beat guys, which i like. BUT the fact of hendesons power and persistance still worries me.

7. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Silva has very good hands, he hits with speed and is very accurate which makes him a very dangerous opponent.Both men have ground skills, this should be a great fight.

8. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I read an article claiming that Henderson along with a few other UFC fighters actually wants out of the UFC. He says that he is going to finish his contract and take off to another league. I dont know which one. There is rumor that the guys who created Pride are getting back together and calling it something else.

9. fatfreddy

fatfreddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    you cant ever count silivia out because : Did anyone see him ko trey tilligan by way of a high kick to the head. for his size he prob has to me the highest and fastest high kick for a man his size.

10. thebig1

thebig1 New Member

State:
    kansas
    thats crazy i wonder why they want out if that is true. I think ufc has the best fighters and maybe thats why they want out cause they think they have more of a chance of bein a top fighter.

11. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I think that it's because Dana White is starting to become something of a new version of Don King in relation to how he treats the fighters...

12. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Henderson lost by choke out and I`m not surprised, the spider looks hard to beat right now.

13. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yep, don't know who will ever give him a good fight??:confused2::big_smile:

14. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I didnt get to see it yet but im glad to know the results...looks like Silva really is the Superman of that division:crazy:!

15. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    As bas as I wanted Dan Henderson to win, I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that he wasnt going to. The best fight of the night was Leben and Sakara, but Herring and Kongo was a pretty good one too.

16. thebig1

thebig1 New Member

State:
    kansas
    man it was a good fight. Silva is lookin way to good, dont really know who will give him a good fight right know. If anybody wants to see the fight it is on WWW.MMATKO.COM.

17. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Im watching it right now. My buddy burned it for me. So far the Congo/Herring fight is really good!

18. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    My Goodness!!! Anderson Silva kicked Dan Henderson's @$$!!! I have never seen Henderson get handled like that!!

19. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Now who does Silva fight, in my opinion he hasn`t even been tested yet.

20. thebig1

thebig1 New Member

State:
    kansas
    im tellin ya man i really didnt think that henderson was goin to get handled like that but silva took it to him.