UFC 99

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by derbycitycatman, Jun 15, 2009.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Anybody watch it and what did you think? I was disappointed with most of it! Franklin vs Silva was ok but I wanted to see more fireworks!

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have not seen it yet...I hear that Silva got robbed?

3. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive been hearing that too but I would have given it to franklin. 1st round franklin, 2nd could have went either way but I gave it to franklin, 3rd was silvas. imho it could have went either way. If ya got the time, lol, check out tim sylvia vs. ray mercer, TIMBERRRRR! ALso chris cyborg has a funny interview around the 4:40 mark.

4. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I just watched the Silvia/Mercer fight! Both of them look out of shape big time but Mercver says he took that fight on 2 days notice so I gotta givie it up to him for that KO! Silvia is going down the tubes pretty quickly!

5. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    No doubt on sylvia going chump but even kimbo knew better than to stand up with mercer. Ive heard sylvia was pulled from his next fight since it was such a ko, hopefully he can get it back together. Overall a lackluster card but the struve fight and etin fight are worth watching. Im looking forward to lesnar and mir. Smash em lesnar!!!!

6. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I've never seen Lesnar fight. Is he pretty badass?

7. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Depends on who you ask. Hes a legit ncaa heavyweight champ wrestler and wwe champ, yeah "pro" wrestler. Many hate him because of the wwe stuff but dude is a beast. He's raw as can be but a wrestling machine, just no bjj or sub defense or anything like that. Im a fan of his from wwe and because alot of people dont like him. :smile2: If he learns stand up and bjj hed be insane, imho. He's got along way to go, still he's ufc heavyweight champ and only had like 4 fights total.

BTW, mir made lesnar tap after he ate 50 or so of lesnars hammerfists.

8. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Lost all respect for Tim Sylvia. He obviously took the dive and got paid. No way he didnt see that coming. He fought Arlovski 3 times and won twice, and Andre has good boxing skills. Someone in Vegas made a ton of money on that fight. :cool2:

9. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Gotta keep in mind though, Mercer was an olympic medalist at one time...cant really tell by looking at him now:smile2:. Silvia should have known better than to try to stand up with him no matter how out of shape the guy looked...

10. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I got it all 3 rounds to Franklin. Just got done watching it. 1st round, Franklin controls the round with effective striking. He did get rocked in the 2nd round, BUT he got a knock down, and that's points. He got a takedown in the 3rd. I got it 30-27. Didn't watch what the judges scored it. It wasn't that close IMO. Silva did turn it up a bit late in the 2nd and into the 3rd rounds, but not enough to win because both of them landed punches and were active. Franklin had some head kicks. Not a very exciting fight.